David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1343370/David-Bentley-set-Newcastle-make-way-David-Beckham-Spurs.html?

David Bentley set for Newcastle move to make way for David Beckham at Spurs

By Joe Bernstein

Last updated at 10:30 PM on 1st January 2011

David Bentley is set for a Newcastle move to make room for the potential arrival of David Beckham at White Hart Lane.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is a big fan of Bentley, 26, and believes his crossing ability would be a perfect foil for striker Andy Carroll.

Spurs boss Harry will not stand in Bentley’s way as he tries to free up squad places, with Niko Kranjcar and Robbie Keane also available.

The club are willing to take a substantial loss on the £15million they paid Blackburn for Bentley in 2006. The winger has made only 32 Premier League starts in four seasons and was not included in the 18 for yesterday’s game against Fulham.

Arguably, his best-known act as a Spurs player was pouring a bucket of cold water over Redknapp as Tottenham celebrated clinching a Champions League berth.

Redknapp has made no secret of his desire to take Beckham from LA Galaxy on loan but even if he does not land the former England captain, Bentley will still head to the North-East.

seems fairly certain bentley will join us, and implies it will be a permanent more than loan

I would be happy with that in all honesty. He's a spanner and a certified cockerney but he does have genuine class on the ball somewhere in him. Aslong as it's cheap then we're the kind of club that could get him back to his B'burn days.

Hardly leaving themselves much room for manoevre they seem pretty certain. :lol:

Redknapp has made no secret of his desire to take Beckham from LA Galaxy on loan but even if he does not land the former England captain, Bentley will still head to the North-East.

Hmmm not so sure, certainly a position we need to strengthen in, shown flashes at spurs without being consistent and often being poor. also unlikely the backham move has much to do with it as that is only a 2month loan i believe.

Wonder if it'll mean Barton moving on afterall? I was against selling him originally but if this is the replacement then I wouldn't oppose it too much.

RM - Bentley

LM - Ben Arfa

CM - Tiote

CM - Nolan

CF - Carroll

CF - Keane

or could be

rm bentley

cm barton

cm tiote

lm hba

amc nolan

cf carroll

Not even the merest sign of any quotes. Bollocks story for me.

To be fair, if there were any quotes to be had this would already be on the NUFC and/or Spurs official site. They seem particularly convinced about this, and given the propensity for Redknapp to blab to the press I think there could be something in this.