David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Given the fact Redknapp has made it perfectly clear that he's not got a future at Spurs, criticised his injury record, not too many clubs after him (that I've heard) I can't see the fee being any more than £5m tops.

Could be wrong like.

This is PPV worthy:

TWO WORLDS COLLIDE - What happens when ultra-skint Mike Ashley takes on recoup-king Daniel Levy? The unstoppable force meets the immovable object as David Bentley is up for grabs. Will compromise EVER be reached? Find out on Sky Box Office, for only £14.95.

...well it'd be better than Haye-Harrison!

Given the fact Redknapp has made it perfectly clear that he's not got a future at Spurs, criticised his injury record, not too many clubs after him (that I've heard) I can't see the fee being any more than £5m tops.

Could be wrong like.

Loan to buy Shriley?

Can't see more than 5m either and that's if he plays his socks off till the summer.

Could be wrong like.

Loan to buy Shriley?

Can't see more than 5m either and that's if he plays his socks off till the summer.

Either way, Redkanpp's comments haven't put Spurs in the best of bargaining positions. We know they don't want to be lumbered with him and should start bidding low. £5m will get him imo.

We have Barton & Lil Wayne who play on the right. Is this skillful prick needed? Can he play in the middle to a good level? Did he used to play a bit in the middle for Blackburn?

:lol: What a strange turn of phrase.

:lol:

I laughed at that too.

We have Barton & Lil Wayne who play on the right. Is this skillful prick needed? Can he play in the middle to a good level? Did he used to play a bit in the middle for Blackburn?

He likes it in the middle sometimes. Depends on the lunar cycle.

:lol:

I laughed at that too.

No really, cock push-ups and everything.

Where's that list what a spurs fan made listing his opinion on what the squad was worth?

That was drivel.

Bentley did very well as cover when Lennon was missing last season. He's not got much pace, and always slowed the game down when he got the ball; not always a bad thing, but it was frustrating. If we'd paid "squad player" money then he'd have been fine, as it is he was disappointing. That said, I'd wager that if we didn't have him we'd not have got fourth.

I'd also wager that some of those who are laughing at 7M would value Carroll at something astronomical. Bentley's value to us is not massive, as he's simply a large depreciation each year plus big wages. He is, however, homegrown, relatively young and a recent England international. He's pretty good, honestly. Good squad player for us, good first XI player for you if his attitude's right and he stays fit. I think 7-8M is not unreasonable, but if no-one has any money then who knows. Bidding war would be nice.

Where's that list what a spurs fan made listing his opinion on what the squad was worth?

That was drivel.

Bentley did very well as cover when Lennon was missing last season. He's not got much pace, and always slowed the game down when he got the ball; not always a bad thing, but it was frustrating. If we'd paid "squad player" money then he'd have been fine, as it is he was disappointing. That said, I'd wager that if we didn't have him we'd not have got fourth.

I'd also wager that some of those who are laughing at 7M would value Carroll at something astronomical. Bentley's value to us is not massive, as he's simply a large depreciation each year plus big wages. He is, however, homegrown, relatively young and a recent England international. He's pretty good, honestly. Good squad player for us, good first XI player for you if his attitude's right and he stays fit. I think 7-8M is not unreasonable, but if no-one has any money then who knows. Bidding war would be nice.

We're not really laughing at the silly valuation of him. More the fact that anyone thinks Mike Ashley would be willing to spend anything like that on any player meaning you won't get anywhere near that for him from us.

:lol: He is good player but a plonker.

That was drivel.

Where does he fit into our first team?

Is Pardew stupid enough to move Barton inside to accommodate him? Hope not.

Guest Heneage

There's an agent on twitter( :colo:) claiming that there is a few clubs trying to sign him.

:lol: Well i never.

I did check and it's not Bentley's agent nor does he rep any of Tottenham's players, so who knows 'grapevines' and all the usual bollocks.

I think the risk here would be that Bentley could be bad news for team morale if his attitude remains a major issue as it did towards the end of his time at Rovers, and clearly has continued to be an issue at WHL. Things seem pretty stable in the team just now, by our recent standards anyway, but would we really want to put that at risk for the sake of signing a lame duck spice boy?