Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/01/11 - post match reaction from p39

Dave

Where did I say we should have gone all out attack? There was nowt wrong with the system we were playing before he made the changes.

Then we'll just disagree. I have no problems for us to go to 4-5-1 defending a lead away even against supposedly a weaker team. I don't see anything wrong with taking a more cautious approach after we've led and like I said the formation did not made us overly defensive, if anything we had decent chances even after the changes...so I'm really not sure where you're coming from.

I thought Pardew was good today,made the right subs at the right time,and the gameplan was spot on too.Hopefully he'll realise Nolan will be anonymous Wednesday as he doesn't do 2 good games in three days,and never has done for us.

Guest Howaythetoon

Great 3 points, good performance, well done all. We could have won by several and the scoreline flattered them I thought.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

So happy we got this win but it won't count for much if we lose to west ham on wedensday. All be on p2p to watch it fully hoping we don't screw up at home like we did too many times this season(stoke, blackburn, blackpool, first five minutes of the city match and so on)

Massive 3 points! That was the most important thing.

This.

I haven't been this stoked for three points in a long time.  We massively needed these points and it would've been a sham had we not gotten them after that performance.

Loved during the match the commentators here in America were having a bit of banter talking about Stam and his move to Wigan from a Champions League club.  The co-commentator says "Yeah and so did Tiote" then the other guy says "Well I can see moving from FC Twente to Newcastle but FC Twente to Wigan?"

Guest Howaythetoon

Wigan were awful by the way and you'd hope one of the teams likely to face relegation which will help our own cause of course. Jonas was poor first half but a key figure in the second I thought as he become almost our only outlet.

On Sunday 2nd January 2011, @dannysimpson12 said:

Feels so good 2 get a win after the last 2 games! We should have maybe won by more but we won n kept a clean sheet, n once again our fans were crazy! Thanks

Guest toonlass

Thought our support were amazing today.  It was almost like a home match, I don't think I heard any noise from the Wigan supporters at any point during the match.

Apart from the twat with the drum! And even he seemed to give up when he realised no-one was joining in with him.

Infostrada Sports on Twitter: "Newcastle United have won four of their last five Premier League away matches in which they have held a half-time lead."

Who did we surrender the lead to?

Villa away under Keegan?

Thought our support were amazing today.  It was almost like a home match, I don't think I heard any noise from the Wigan supporters at any point during the match.

Apart from the twat with the drum! And even he seemed to give up when he realised no-one was joining in with him.

There were a few times when I heard the drum do the "dum dum dum" and it ended with "NEWCASTLE" - our support taking the piss? :lol: