Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/01/11 - post match reaction from p39

Dave

Yes support great except for the tosser behind me (and my two daughters) who called Shola a black c....t the whole match. Stone age.

:no:

Sorry to hear that. Some people really are cunts.

Howay lads, it's not his fault he missed a brilliant chance in the first minute.

true but it was good that he didn't let it effect him and he played very well,  lead the line well, held the ball up and got the winner.  Pretty much everything you would have wanted your centre forward to do.

Yes support great except for the tosser behind me (and my two daughters) who called Shola a black c....t the whole match. Stone age.

:no:

Sorry to hear that. Some people really are cunts.

It happens at home games aswell.

For the City game I had muppets behind me who were shouting racist abuse at Yaya Toure. Dunno if it ever occured to them the race and nationality of the guy he was up against in midfield for their own team.

Some people are just scum, I guess.

Howay lads, it's not his fault he missed a brilliant chance in the first minute.

true but it was good that he didn't let it effect him and he played very well,  lead the line well, held the ball up and got the winner.  Pretty much everything you would have wanted your centre forward to do.

I like my centre forwards to move their feet in the second half. Old fashioned?

Harper - 7 - little to do, clean sheet.

Simpson - 7 - got forward well, couple of decent crosses.

Coloccini - 8 - did everything well, unlucky not to score.

Taylor - 6.5 - did ok although IMO lucky not to concede a pen, should've scored.

Enrique - 6.5 - looked a bit rusty but did ok.

Barton - 8.5 - MOM, did everything right, unlucky to get booked.

Nolan - 7 - solid if unspectacular

Tiote - 8 - another mammoth performance from this lad, grew as the game went on. Didn't get booked for a change either.

Jonas - 8 - some great running for Jonas and tracked back well too. Unlucky not too score.

Ameobi - 7.5 - Impressed after his early nightmare miss. Led the line well although he looked to tire a bit toward the end.

Lovenkrands - 5.5 - I know its popular to slag him but I just don't see what he brings to the team. Did well (i guess?) to force the goal.

I want another look at this Taylor pen shout like. Am I the only one who thinks that his arm was right by his side and therefore a shot from a few yards away hitting that arm isn't really a penalty?

I want another look at this Taylor pen shout like. Am I the only one who thinks that his arm was right by his side and therefore a shot from a few yards away hitting that arm isn't really a penalty?

it was never a penalty but he still thought it was necessary to hold his stomach and wince as if it has just hit him there, muppet.

not much to add to what everyone else has said, i'd still like to see williamson over taylor though and i'd have started ranger over loven but it seems that ranger's gotta go a long way to get a game under pardew.

decent performance, vital win.

Nope. Would have been ridiculously harsh.

strange game in that we dominated without playing particularly well and could have had 5 or 6.

we seemed to play better than recently maybe due to not having the get out of the hoof to carroll (taking a poor wigan team into consideration) and dominated from the middle like we did early season

shola showed he has got a decent touch if not the fitness to carry it through the full 90.

we are still crying out for a creative centre mid and a forward ("or" if bena rafa is to fill one of these positions.)

tiote is holding on to the ball too long and will get caught and cost us again.....experience will get it out of him.

simpson seems to be getting better as the season goes on.

colo's header would've been goal of the month and a well worked move it was.

jonas looks twice the player when he keeps away from enrique.

taylor, unlucky not to score and like harper done all that was asked.

tougher game on wednesday.

Nope. Would have been ridiculously harsh.

said that in the taylor thread, pulls his arm into his body so even if it hits the arm the ref knows it would've hit the body anyway....keeps his arm out...penalty.

however some want something to slag taylor off for.

Not sure what was unlucky about it. Horrible miss.

so was colos then, ball straight onto his head and all that, didn't even have to jump just guide it in etc.

so was colos then, ball straight onto his head and all that, didn't even have to jump just guide it in etc.

What rubbish. :lol:

What rubbish. :lol:

as was the call that taylors was a horrible miss.

Was funny to see how Routledge quickly realised all he had to do to get past the full back was wait for him to get close, kick the ball a few yards ahead and run to it.

Shame he can't cross for shite. Shola was sandwiched between two defenders and no one else had reached the box. The clueless fecker just closed his eyes and punted it towards goal. He's all speed, no brain.

also i hope pardew's learned his lesson in terms of barton on the right.

routledge looked ok when he came on...the problem is we have no-one decent through the middle to partner tiote.

aye, but barton's better, there's no debating that imo. think nolan's under-rated tbh, keeps things ticking over, rarely loses posession and is always a goal threat, especially when carroll's playing.