Newcastle v West Ham, Wednesday 5th January, 7.45pm

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

The twat across the road from me is a "ammer" even though he was born and bred up here. He is a total arsehole too. I hope we beat the living daylights out of them, not just so we can get three points but it would make it even better if he, and his snotty little kid were completely pissed off too.

Meanwhile, Sol Campbell’s absence from the first-team picture is set to continue, but Dan Gosling continues to make strides closer to making his Toon debut.

Pardew said: “Sol still has a sore leg and is a week away from training, while we hope that Dan Gosling is in the squad.

Late cameo if we're winning?

I hope to god Lovenkrands does not play.

Lovenkrands gives us the much needed pace to allows us to hit people on the break

We're at home against a rubbish team. We shouldn't be picking the team around which players are best 'on the break'... we want to take the game to them and play 75% of the match in their half. I'd go with Ranger and Shola tonight, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was unchanged.

I hope to god Lovenkrands does not play.

Lovenkrands gives us the much needed pace to allows us to hit people on the break

We're at home against a rubbish team. We shouldn't be picking the team around which players are best 'on the break'... we want to take the game to them and play 75% of the match in their half. I'd go with Ranger and Shola tonight, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was unchanged.

I'd go with that.  Ranger looked decent a couple of games ago - he's got the pace and isn't scared to get stuck in.  His finishing isn't great, but I suspect that will improve once he gets more confidence.

Lovenkrands did practically nothing other than hitting the post against Wigan on Sunday.

I reckon it'll be Shola and Best tonight. Ranger will start on Sunday.

Would be harsh on Lovelypants to drop him after the Wigan game.

I don't think it would be harsh. I'm indifferent - if he starts then fair enough, I won't complain.