Newcastle v West Ham, Wednesday 5th January, 7.45pm

Guest toonlass

Just been on Radio Newcastle - Mick Lowes confirmed to me that Best and Lovenkrands start. Asked Ando about Ranger - he reckons he may well be gonna be used in the 2nd half as an 'impact' sub. Have to say - I'm worried as to where the goals are gonna come from tonight. :(

Apparently Shola developed a 'problem' this morning, which they've tried to keep quiet today.

Had an argument with a couple of dickheads in the pub on sunday about this and they just slagged me off when i said when have you seen Ranger start a game on a regular basis or see him come on when we are winning and they disappeared back into there holes,imho he gets used as impact or nowt else .

What's wrong with Shola now? Always been patient with him but that's a massive fail when he needs to stand up and be counted. If the front pair is Best and McLoven I'll be really, really happy with a point.

Shola has a lot of failings, but a lack of heart isn't one of them.

Lack of fitness is definitely one of them.

What's wrong with Shola now? Always been patient with him but that's a massive fail when he needs to stand up and be counted. If the front pair is Best and McLoven I'll be really, really happy with a point.

Shola has a lot of failings, but a lack of heart isn't one of them.

Lack of fitness is definitely one of them.

Oh aye, totally, but that's not the same as failing to 'stand up and be counted' - that's just being injured.

Guest neesy111

We have a strikeforce that have scored 4 goals in the topflight tonight.  They have scored 1 goal this season between them in the league.

If that doesn't get people concerned nothing will.

We have a strikeforce that have scored 4 goals in the topflight tonight.  They have scored 1 goal this season between them in the league.

If that doesn't get people concerned nothing will.

We still have Nolan and Barton to score the goals but I agree with you.

Pardew's omission of Ranger from the starting line-up reminds me (again) that N-O has a wanking smilie (:fwap:) but not a wanker smilie. I guess this is the closest we have: :wave:

So, Pardew....  :wave: