One attacking player - who do you want?

Dave

Just wanna say that I'll be pissed if by one signing Pardew means HBA. As it is I think one signing is clearly insufficient, we need one striker, one left wing and one midfield to get through the season

I think Vela is shit hot, myself. He doesn't get anywhere near enough games. He's easily better than the massively over rated Bendtner. I'd rather him over Keane, but I'd rather someone else entirely tbh. Not sure who.

:facepalm:

Enough of the Charlie Adam shite lads. He's no where near good enough. Wsate of money

:fishing:?

Would be hilarious to have that Traore kid and Carroll up front, teams are struggling to cope with Carroll, how the hell are they going to cope with two Carrolls?

If he actually any good in the air or does he have a case of the Nikola Zigic's?

It's not that good on FM11 - only 13 heading. He's jumping is 19 though.  :lol:

I think Vela is shit hot, myself. He doesn't get anywhere near enough games. He's easily better than the massively over rated Bendtner. I'd rather him over Keane, but I'd rather someone else entirely tbh. Not sure who.

Enough of the Charlie Adam shite lads. He's no where near good enough. Wsate of money

:lol: I was drunk when I wrote the Charlie Adam lark. I don't think he's shit but he is massively over-rated. Take him out of the Blackpool team and he's a rather chubby average player.

With regards to Vela, I do think he has the potential to be a really good player. He'll never do that until he plays some competitive games though

I think Vela is s*** hot, myself. He doesn't get anywhere near enough games. He's easily better than the massively over rated Bendtner. I'd rather him over Keane, but I'd rather someone else entirely tbh. Not sure who.

Enough of the Charlie Adam s**** lads. He's no where near good enough. Wsate of money

:lol: I was drunk when I wrote the Charlie Adam lark. I don't think he's s*** but he is massively over-rated. Take him out of the Blackpool team and he's a rather chubby average player.

Honestly, man.

'Familiarity' will work in our favour this year. It doesn't work when you're signing them in collections, and trying to build a squad around them, like we have done under previous regimes. But right now we need one proven goalscorer (amongst a squad who still have something to prove and enjoy playing for the club) to keep us up. Keane is one of them. Signing unknowns or rookies at this moment in time would be ridiculously foolish and pretty naive on our part.

Survive, consolidate, then start intricately planning for the future. It's a long road ahead.

Would prefer for us to go for the unproven, promising signings over the likes of Keane tbh.

Honestly think the squad at the minute is good enough to keep is up and we should be looking to the future in the transfer market, rather than trying to consolidate.

That's kind of where I was coming from too. I get Yorkie's point also, he feels we need someone to stay up. Perhaps I'm a more optimistic but I seen enough from the current squad to feel we have the qulaity to survive comfortably already and we need to start looking towards the future. A win on Wednesday, might change our policy a bit, especially if we could follow that up with another win before we sign  someone, that would put us on 31 points and only a complete implosion would stop us from accumulating enough points over the last 4 months of the season to survive.

The more I am hearing about Keane the more I am going cool on the idea. Spurs seem intent on asking for an excessive fee from some reports in which case they can keep him. Loan or nothing. If they can persuade other mugs to part with substantial cash good luck to them, can't see it myself though.

Kranjcar. Sessegnon would be good.

Would we really be spending after £5m has gone on Ben Arfa?

Sessegnon is a really good player, but he is also a fuc*ing twat. His comments in the media are so unprofessional and he seems to be a bit of a diver.

And yes, I think we would spend after hopefully buying Ben Arfa. Haven't £10 m been mentioned? Rumors ofc, but anyway.

'Familiarity' will work in our favour this year. It doesn't work when you're signing them in collections, and trying to build a squad around them, like we have done under previous regimes. But right now we need one proven goalscorer (amongst a squad who still have something to prove and enjoy playing for the club) to keep us up. Keane is one of them. Signing unknowns or rookies at this moment in time would be ridiculously foolish and pretty naive on our part.

Survive, consolidate, then start intricately planning for the future. It's a long road ahead.

Would prefer for us to go for the unproven, promising signings over the likes of Keane tbh.

Honestly think the squad at the minute is good enough to keep is up and we should be looking to the future in the transfer market, rather than trying to consolidate.

That's kind of where I was coming from too. I get Yorkie's point also, he feels we need someone to stay up. Perhaps I'm a more optimistic but I seen enough from the current squad to feel we have the qulaity to survive comfortably already and we need to start looking towards the future. A win on Wednesday, might change our policy a bit, especially if we could follow that up with another win before we sign  someone, that would put us on 31 points and only a complete implosion would stop us from accumulating enough points over the last 4 months of the season to survive.

Exactly my thoughts too. For the money Spurs would want for Keane/Bentley, we can acquire pretty much any promising forward from the lesser leagues around Europe. It would still be a gamble of course, but I'd rather we take our chances on a young hungry player determined to perform for us than on someone who has struggled in the Premier League for the last 2-3 seasons.

If we take the opportunity and buy the right kind of player we'll have fixed the striker position for years to come. On the other hand, buying Keane would be the easy, stop-gap measure for this season. Then we'll be stuck with him starting games for the next 3 years as he declines into a proper overpaid has-been like many others did here.. Let's not get back to those mistakes.