FA Cup 3rd round: Stevenage v Newcastle United (Sat 8th Jan 5:30pm KO on ESPN)

Disco

barton nolan and colo shouldnt be playing, i dont want to lose and i'm not arsed about giving kids experience in this instance, but we've got a more important game next week. that said if he brings em off once we're winning, fair enough. i think its risky though.

Least we taking it seriously, unlike quite a few premiership clubs (those who put out weakened teams should be fined heavily).

Agree, Holloway's comments were a disgrace.

Some big names playing for Stevenage.

Henry might cause some problems but I'm not really worried about Ashton or Beardsley due their lack of fitness.

Roberts is still decent, and they can count on some inspirational on-field management from Mousinho...

Calm down you bunch of fannys. Footballers want to play in games like this.

But sometimes it's best to give them a break and let the youngsters get some valuable experience.

The club/Pardew wont want to risk getting knocked out on TV by lower league opposition.

Come on.

we would have won any way. for real. I´m really upset

Guest neesy111

Least we taking it seriously, unlike quite a few premiership clubs (those who put out weakened teams should be fined heavily).

If this is not a joke, then fuck off. Let people worry about the league and not this luxury.

The FA cup is an important competition, if teams are not going to take it seriously then they should not be allowed to compete in it.  Seriously degrades the value of the competition.

Calm down you bunch of fannys. Footballers want to play in games like this.

But sometimes it's best to give them a break and let the youngsters get some valuable experience.

The club/Pardew wont want to risk getting knocked out on TV by lower league opposition.

Come on.

we would have won any way. for real. I´m really upset

:lol: :lol:

There's 8 days until the derby man!

not the point mate, as it stands barton nolan and colo would almost definitely play in that match (barring a freak training ground injury) playing today puts that in doubt. i guess it comes down to what you value more, perosnally i think we'd have enough to win it without those 3, put them on the bench and bring them on at half time if needed imo. i'd just rather be 3 points closer to safety and beat the mackems than be in the 4th round of the cup, i dont think they're mutually exclusive, but ya na.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

There's 8 days until the derby man!

not the point mate, as it stands barton nolan and colo would almost definitely play in that match (barring a freak training ground injury) playing today puts that in doubt. i guess it comes down to what you value more, perosnally i think we'd have enough to win it without those 3, put them on the bench and bring them on at half time if needed imo. i'd just rather be 3 points closer to safety and beat the mackems than be in the 4th round of the cup, i dont think they're mutually exclusive, but ya na.

Correct.

If this is not a joke, then f*** off. Let people worry about the league and not this luxury.

ok for you too live with a F.A cup humiliation but not me i and many others remember Hereford and boy do the media not let you forget it ,tbh a banana skin non the less but class should see us through.

f***ing hell lads, its the FA Cup, I wouldn't mind winning it and I certainly don't want to risk an upset by playing the kids.

This, I quite fancy a trip to Wembley.

Hardly essential to play our most important players. They're in League 2.

Squeaky bum. Nice to see that we're going for it but if the likes of Barton or Colo get an injury then it's a disaster.

'This luxury'. We're not going to qualify for Europe, we're not going down, give this a shot man!

Here here.

I wasn't talking about us specifically. The likes of Wolves etc who are in a very dangerous league position should not be wasting their time with this cup.

I'd love to see us go far, I really would but at the expense of even 3 points? No, not this year anyway.