Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Hope this is not true tbh. Haven seen too much of him but in my head he is a lesser Barton. If were going to sign a RW he should have pace, Routledge is a better option off the bench IMO.  :undecided:

A lesser Barton is all we need. He'll be on the bench under normal circumstances.

:lol: I'd just like to see it. Not saying it will work better than anything else we've seen this season, but it could.

Isn't Larsson right footed? Can't see where else he'd fit in our team bar right wing.

Haven't you seen enough of Nolan behind the striker to see that he is not very good at that role as well as the rest of the team being much, much better when playing 4-4-2?

Yes, Seb is right footed, but so is Jonas.

Not really. Havn't got to see many games the last 6 months, but he seems to be excelling in the box, while contributing little else bar his captain duties on the pitch, so why not give him a more offensive role?

Hmm. Don't understand the clamour for a right sided midfielder given Barton's form, Gosling's near return to fitness (because that's certainly where he's played most) and the fact that Routledge and Jonas can both play there adequately.

If he displaces Barton from the right sided berth then it's lunacy.

:lol: I'd just like to see it. Not saying it will work better than anything else we've seen this season, but it could.

Isn't Larsson right footed? Can't see where else he'd fit in our team bar right wing.

Haven't you seen enough of Nolan behind the striker to see that he is not very good at that role as well as the rest of the team being much, much better when playing 4-4-2?

Not really. Havn't got to see many games the last 6 months, but he seems to be excelling in the box, while contributing little else bar his captain duties on the pitch, so why not give him a more offensive role?

Because he is too easy to mark when he's played just behind a lone striker. He also isn't good enough at linking attack to midfield when he's played that far up the pitch, he does a lot better job when he's played more centrally and distributes the ball to our wingers.

Because it doesn't work and performances over the last 12 months make it clear. The team is far more effective with Nolan in a 4-4-2.

Still don't see why he can't play on the left :dontknow:

He can. And he'd do it far better than the useless f***er currently there.

Sure would make for a slow midfield though, with no one who can run directly at people and dribble. ( Larsson-Nolan-Tiote-Barton)

Ben Arfa will be there soon, anyway. Plus, Larsson isn't slow, he's just not especially fast.

Same as Barton really. They both stand a chance against your average full back, they'll struggle to beat the quickest ones for pace though, but they both have other qualities to make up for a lack of lightening pace.

Does Jonas provide much with that running anyway?

He spent most of the West Ham game on his arse. The crowd are starting to get restless with him

It's pointless. We tried creating positives for him for a while, takes pressure off, only player that scares opponents etc. But there's only so long we can use that. I don't care about his running anymore, not when all it does is put pressure on us when he loses the ball and they can bomb down that flank to Jose who's left on his own 'cause Jonas is still on the ground.

I suppose it is a positive that just months ago I was defending him in a way, saying he's one of the last positions to worry about right now. Yet now he is one of the positions to worry about. Shows the progress we've made in the first team.

Aye, I agree. I wouldn't say he takes pressure off us at all. He loses the ball far too easily these days, to the point whereby he's actually making things worse.

Barton and Larsson aren't exactly slow, but they're brilliant crossers of the ball - plus there's Enrique and Simpson to overlap and run the the opposition.

Aye, even if his final ball/shot is dogshit at least hes an outlet, to relieve pressure of the defense and such

Yeah, and we can't get rid of his "partnership" with Enrique either :rolleyes:

Which looked terrible yesterday btw. Barton - Simpson looks far more clinical atm.

Aye, even if his final ball/shot is dogshit at least hes an outlet, to relieve pressure of the defense and such

Yeah, and we can't get rid of his "partnership" with Enrique either :rolleyes:

Which looked terrible yesterday btw. Barton - Simpson looks far more clinical atm.

That's because that whole partnership thing was always just Enrique covering the entire left flank.

Barton and Danny has got a proper partnership going, Danny makes runs to free up space for Barton, Barton knows where he's running in case he wants to play him in. At the same time, Barton helps Simpson defensively all the time, not just when he fancies it.

I never said that Nobody  :lol:

Anyway Im not defending Jonas, I just think we should have at-least 1 person in midfield who has pace and can run and dribble well.

No, but what you said was a Jonas cliché, so I brought out another one ;)