Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fair enough tbh

It is obvious pardew was talking about Larsson coming in before the weekend. He has obviously misread the situation and is maybe not used to dealing with deals at the highest level. It shows a touch of arrogance IMO. Makes him look a bit of a dick as well after his statements!

What are you talking about? Just calm down.

WTF?

Im Merely saying AP jumped the gun. He hasn't done a deal at the top level for 5 years. If you put a time scale on things as he did, albeit in hope more than assurance, you've got to be 95% sure it's going to come off! Hughton was very, no infact too good at playing things down but AP seems the opposite from what I have heard.

He needs to be a bit more careful about what he says is my point

Jeez, calm down ;)

i think what he said was hopeful not sure

That's what I said 'in hope'

I would rather him not time scale things is my point! Schoolboy error

What happened to our policy of only signing younger players with resale value? As mentioned on the previous page thsi is Larsson's last chance at a big move and he's unlikely to dramatically improve. He can wait out his contract and go on a free as well so his wages will be very high... another supposed club policy out the window.

What happened to our policy of only signing younger players with resale value? As mentioned on the previous page thsi is Larsson's last chance at a big move and he's unlikely to dramatically improve. He can wait out his contract and go on a free as well so his wages will be very high... another supposed club policy out the window.

He's 25 for goodness sake, of course he still has a lot of value. The guy can provide 5 years of top service. You don't think if he gets twenty assists in each of the next two seasons he won't be worth much more at 27?! Are you even thinking about what you're saying at all?

This "must crawl over broken glass or fuck off" attitude is cringeworthy.

Agree.

For a top, top player, then yes we might have to go a bit over the top, but this is just Larsson we're talking about; while he's good, he's not now nor will he ever be top class. Him and his agent are acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

I say if he doesn't want to come here, then fine, fuck off somewhere else and we should move on.

This "must crawl over broken glass or f*** off" attitude is cringeworthy.

Agree.

For a top, top player, then yes we might have to go a bit over the top, but this is just Larsson we're talking about; while he's good, he's not now nor will he ever be top class. Him and his agent are acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

I say if he doesn't want to come here, then fine, f*** off somewhere else and we should move on.

Hmmmmm ... are you sure you agree?!

:kinnear:

This "must crawl over broken glass or fuck off" attitude is cringeworthy.

Agree.

I say if he doesn't want to come here, then fine, fuck off somewhere else and we should move on.

I think you've got that the wrong way round mate.

He's 25 for goodness sake, of course he still has a lot of value. The guy can provide 5 years of top service. You don't think if he gets twenty assists in each of the next two seasons he won't be worth much more at 27?! Are you even thinking about what you're saying at all?

Yeah, plus we'd be getting him on the cheap.  He's actually the exact type of player I'd expect us to sign, in exactly these circumstances.

Agree.

I say if he doesn't want to come here, then fine, f*** off somewhere else and we should move on.

I don't know. I thought he meant Larsson's and his agents attitude, but maybe he meant the attitude on here?

Agree.

I don't know. I thought he meant Larsson's and his agents attitude, but maybe he meant the attitude on here?

:snod:

f*** him... lets move on, we want/need players that want to be here.. I understand he has a preference its his right.. but this is a short transfer window we cannot be messing about.

This. Can't understand that he wants to take his time, but if he's not desperate to come here then it's time to switch to another target.

f*** him... lets move on, we want/need players that want to be here.. I understand he has a preference its his right.. but this is a short transfer window we cannot be messing about.

This. Can't understand that he wants to take his time, but if he's not desperate to come here then it's time to switch to another target.

depends what his oher options are....not many of our players are here for anything other than we offered them more cash than others.

The only players who would be desperate to come here would be massive Newcastle fans or players who have no chance of getting a better clubs (perch).

Ben Arfa is a massive one off due to that loose screw.

Got to be careful though, Madras. We've been down that road before (offering top dollar) and it got us nothing.

i agree and we shouldn't do it. think thats why it seems like on other players we've had back up targets and haven't been held to ransom.

The only players who would be desperate to come here would be massive Newcastle fans or players who have no chance of getting a better clubs (perch).

tiote ?

gosling ?

tiote ?

gosling ?

Were they desperate to come or did we just put the best offer to them??