Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Sunderland - Newcastle 0:2

My team would be:

Harper

Simpson Williamson Coloccini  Enrique

Routledge   Barton   Nolan   Jonas

Ameobi  Carroll

too bad if Tiote gets ban, with him we would even win 0:4   O0

Scorers: Carroll and Nolan obviously

Pressure is well and truly on them. They're the team in 6th, they're the ones at home, they're the ones who owe it to the fans after the debacle up here, etc. As long as we show up and battle then we've nothing to be ashamed of even if we lose.

In one way it's positive that Tiote is banned for this match because i have a feeling Webb would give him a red card during the match.

In one way it's positive that Tiote is banned for this match because i have a feeling Webb would give him a red card during the match.

There is nothing positive about Tiote being banned for this match.

Well sorry then, but we might aswell think positive because im pretty sure the FA wont rescind his card.

There is nothing positive about Tiote being banned for this match.

Well sorry then, but we might aswell think positive because im pretty sure the FA wont rescind his card.

I agree, I am thinking positive. But there is nothing positive about Tiote being banned is all I was saying.

Will Sunderland be able to control their crowd this time (we know they're not used to big attendances) or will they just turn a blind eye once again as the inbreeds routinely encroach on to the playing area whenever they feel like it ?

Perhaps the FA may finally take some action if/when it occurs this time.

Guest The_Optimistic

Will Sunderland be able to control their crowd this time (we know they're not used to big attendances) or will they just turn a blind eye once again as the inbreeds routinely encroach on to the playing area whenever they feel like it ?

Perhaps the FA may finally take some action if/when it occurs this time.

They will be more interested in Barton as per usual

Even if they edge it, we can still claim a goal difference win over the two legs. ;)

Exactly, this is the first derby in ages I don't feel really nervous about. Unless they beat us heavily, which they don't do to anyone regularly, we hold the bragging rights for the season.

Even if they edge it, we can still claim a goal difference win over the two legs. ;)

Exactly, this is the first derby in ages I don't feel really nervous about. Unless they beat us heavily, which they don't do to anyone regularly, we hold the bragging rights for the season.

The way their fans deserted their team at SJP should give us the rights for decades.

They were the diehards too - on Sunday they will be about one third part timers - some probably never been to a match before.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/11/united-sweating-on-star-striker-andy-carroll-72703-27965818/?

Pardew told the Chronicle: “As far as Andy [Carroll] is concerned, we will have to wait and see – we don’t know yet.

“I have not spoken to Andy and won’t do until he gets back.

“I have left him to his own devices.

“We are going to have to patch ourselves up this week.

“Hopefully we will have a couple of bodies back, but we won’t realistically know until Thursday.”

And if Carroll does not play, Pardew must figure out whether to start with Peter Lovenkrands, Leon Best, Shola Ameobi or Nile Ranger – with Kevin Nolan also an option in attack.

Pardew said: “We’ve got Leon Best and hopefully Shola available too.

“But Shola we will know more about by Thursday.

“As for the rest, we’ll have to wait and see at the end of the week.”