FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can Dave and Jonny just get off your fucking high horses? It wasn't a reckless challenge, it was a perfectly timed tackle that got the ball without injuring the player. Disgusting how some thinks that red was justified.

Saying that, I don't think for a second it will get rescinded, because the FA are a bunch of twats.

I don't know why some of you are getting so wound up about this. The original discussion was never about whether or not it was obviously worth a red card, just whether or not it will be rescinded. Nothing I've seen or read suggests to me that it will. He jumped in, and with an opposition player in such close proximity that is always going to be deemed reckless. And when it comes to any appeal, that's all that matters.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Serious foul play is classed as when a player "uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is play".

If it said

Serious foul play is classed as when a player "uses excessive force or brutality against the ball when challenging for the ball when it is play".

It would be a sending off

If the player wasn't there, why was he lunging in that direction in the first place? Surely he already had the ball?

To get to the ball first

It wasnt a 'follow through' tackle where the ball followed the line of the tackle

It was more of a block tackle as his foot actually went around the back of the ball in order to hook it back

He did exactly what he intended to do therefore he was completely in control of the tackle therefore it is not reckless or seroius foul play

Their player had overran the ball,and therefore didn't "have" it.That's why the lunge got Tiote to the ball before their player.

But he still lunged in and his feet left the ground! Not an overhead kick, not jumping for a header, he lunged into a challenge for the ball and both of his feet left the ground. That's why he was sent off and that's why it probably won't be rescinded.

Can Dave and Jonny just get off your f***ing high horses? It wasn't a reckless challenge, it was a perfectly timed tackle that got the ball without injuring the player. Disgusting how some thinks that red was justified.

Saying that, I don't think for a second it will get rescinded, because the FA are a bunch of twats.

Can't say anyone is arguing otherwise. Nobody has argued otherwise, it's about the force/manner in which he went into the challenge.

I'll get of my fucking high horse when you take your rose black and white tinted specs off.

No he didn't.

Can I just say to you all, this thread is becoming dangerously close to being an 'old board, new board' style snoozefest.

Fair comment. I really am out this time. :lol:

This aint Dragons Den Dave.. we want your opinion not your money

:D

This is easily the worst thing to have ever happened in the history of the world. Alan Smith for 3 games? The derby is gonna be horrendous :(.

The most lucid and insghtful comment in the whole thread.

I always thought "reckless" was just a yellow according to the guidance FIFA give referees.  Red is usually for "use of excessive force".  Anyway, it's just words.  I thought it was a good tackle but then i'm old fashioned.  It'll be upheld because sending players off for that sort of tackle is flavour of the month just now.  It looked a lot worse than it was but referees don't know any better.

Guest palnese

I've seen it about 30 times now, and I can't believe he was sent off. Simply can't believe it. It was a sensational tackle.

Aye. Can't believe the greatest player in the world performed the greatest challenge of all time and got sent off. The ref should have awarded us a goal for it, it was that good.