FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not a chance will the FA overturn this red card! Tiote put in a brilliant well timed tackle however dangerous it looked or was with feet coming off the floor, however the FA will state both feet came off the floor for the tackle which is deemed dangerous and cause serious damage which is a red card offense by Law. I can't remember the last time a player got sent off for a two footed tackle and even if he did win the ball and not touch the player get it overturned.

However if God is a Geordie.... ;)

I've already qualified that I hope it's overturned, it is just my opinion that it won't be. I never claimed to 'know the game' better than any fucker. The player himself and his captain are hardly going to come out and say they agree with the decision are they? Ridiculous.

That post is just filled with too much sense and smartness, won't work on a internet forum.

Should have just gone for somethin understandable like:

"Shut it you cunts, it could have been the right decision yeah?"

But then you would have had to ban yourself for calling people cunts.

:lol:

Guessing that Dave and Jonny Hall knows the game better than Poll, Tiote and Nolan.

It isn't just about whether we think it was a legal tackle or not (technically it was), but about how the FA will see it. The fact is Tiote leapt two foot off the ground to make that tackle and when the FA look at the replay they will use that fact to back the referee's decision. It's not fair but that's what will happen.

At the same time Gerrard's won't get overturned either which i don't think will do Tiote any favours because both of them jumped in with two feet commiting the same offense albeit gerrard never touched the ball but it was more the passion of the game that forced him into the tackle...stilll a horrible dirty cunt though :)

Guest michaelfoster

Are Liverpool going to appeal ?

If Liverpool appeal it will probably get recinded and Gerrard given the key to the city

I don't think any of them were red cards. Gerrard dived in but so what, its a derby game, 1 down, 50-50 tackle, Carrick beat him to the ball and he wiped into Carrick, absolute joke football is becoming when you can't even jump into a 50-50 tackle. Tiote just came on, trying to force the game back into Newcastle's favour, Stevenage on break so he sweeps across and jumps into the tackle and wins the ball back without even heardly touching the player, superb tackle even though if he missed the ball he could have wiped the player out but he didnt.

I don't think any of them were red cards. Gerrard dived in but so what, its a derby game, 1 down, 50-50 tackle, Carrick beat him to the ball and he wiped into Carrick, absolute joke football is becoming when you can't even jump into a 50-50 tackle. Tiote just came on, trying to force the game back into Newcastle's favour, Stevenage on break so he sweeps across and jumps into the tackle and wins the ball back without even heardly touching the player, superb tackle even though if he missed the ball he could have wiped the player out but he didnt.

Gerrard's wasn't a red? What planet are you living on?

I'm not saying the ref was a joke by sending him off or i would appeal but i just think the game is not going in the right direction when you can't jump into a 50-50 tackle early in the game in a derby! I'd have no complaints if he barton went flying in on cattermole or whatever, take the passion and fight out of the game and your left with nothing. Carrick was up soon as Gerrard was down the tunnel and played the rest of the match yet he was lying on the floor like he had been shot. You can see from both ref's why the red was given due to the two feet coming off the floor but sometimes you need to do that when your travelling at such speed and the momentum takes you through. I remember early in the season think it was Joe Cole's first game, he dived to block a clearance going up the line and he followed through and caught the defender and got a red, it wasn't even a tackle! Spoiling the game!

Completely disagree, he did not just jump in. It was a two footed lunge with studs showing that landed squarely on Carrick's ankle. The only way it could have been worse was if the ankle actually snapped!