Reports: Talks held with Jay Bothroyd

Dave

Christ he has had one good season.

This highlights the true NUFC plan regarding transfers it is not about age & potential  but bargains/reduced to clear/freebies/damaged goods.

That's a bit stupid, when most of our signings have turned out to be very good.

Why would Cardiff want to sell their top scorer (by a long way) for a minimal fee in January when they are sitting in an automatic promotion spot and one of their other strikers could be locked up? If these talks are for real, it must be regarding a deal in the Summer surely.

This highlights the true NUFC plan regarding transfers it is not about age & potential  but bargains/reduced to clear/freebies/damaged goods.

It doesn't stop it from being true, and apart from Tiote who would you say was "very good" without qualifying it with "for the price"?

It doesn't stop it from being true, and apart from Tiote who would you say was "very good" without qualifying it with "for the price"?

Best

Routledge

Xisco

Shall I carry on?

Best

Routledge

Xisco

Shall I carry on?

Please do, it's hilarious.

Best

Routledge

Xisco

Shall I carry on?

I wouldn't say any of them are very good, decent might be more fitting.. and you missed out a certain young frenchman that would qualify.

Guest neesy111

Those Cardiff fans seem to think Routledge would be going in the opposite direction, though I don't know where that came from as there was no link to anything that I could see.

Now I'm not a massive fan of Routledge at the moment, we can't be giving him away.  We need him as a squad player until another winger is in-bound.

I love how the Welsh, on that forum, are mocking us for having our own stupid language ;D

Ha ha thats what i thought when i read it as well, also they were saying that its always wet up here too which may be true but its not like Wales is renown for blazing sunshine!

I've been in the vicinity of Jay Bothroyd whilst he played for Coventry,on more than one occasion,and I can tell you,he was a complete nob-head,his most common phrase was,"I used to play for Arsenal innit"

Having said that,he was only a young spunker then,and it couldn't have helped him to regularly have people,Coventry fans or whoever,approach him and tell him he was fucking shit,which I saw at least three times.

Having seen a bit of them both, is he any better than Leon Best?

No.Although he's patently improved since he played for Cov.Bothroyd,if anything,had a worse attitude,having been booted out of Arsenal by Wenger,apparently for throwing his shirt at Liam Brady when substituted in a Youth game.I'd say there's no real evidence for him being a success in the Premiership,and that Pardew has been blinded by the England call-up.

I've been in the vicinity of Jay Bothroyd whilst he played for Coventry,on more than one occasion,and I can tell you,he was a complete nob-head,his most common phrase was,"I used to play for Arsenal innit"

Having said that,he was only a young spunker then,and it couldn't have helped him to regularly have people,Coventry fans or whoever,approach him and tell him he was f***ing s***,which I saw at least three times.

Having seen a bit of them both, is he any better than Leon Best?

No.Although he's patently improved since he played for Cov.Bothroyd,if anything,had a worse attitude,having been booted out of Arsenal by Wenger,apparently for throwing his shirt at Liam Brady when substituted in a Youth game.I'd say there's no real evidence for him being a success in the Premiership,and that Pardew has been blinded by the England call-up.

He has more about him than Best for me.

Bothroyd is a guy who has always had the talent but never the right attitude. One of my mates is a Wolves fan so I saw him play for them a lot and he's one of the laziest players around. Don't really want him anywhere near Newcastle, its taken until he's 29 for him to put some effort in, and I'm sure if he secured a big pay day off us he could easily slip back into old habits.

Bothroyd is a guy who has always had the talent but never the right attitude. One of my mates is a Wolves fan so I saw him play for them a lot and he's one of the laziest players around. Don't really want him anywhere near Newcastle, its taken until he's 29 for him to put some effort in, and I'm sure if he secured a big pay day off us he could easily slip back into old habits.

Very fair comment,I'd agree 100%.

Seen him play a couple of times at wolves. Really don't rate him very highly. I think he's very similar to shola- not in his style- but the amount of goals he will get for you and also the amount of injuries he tends to pick up. Hes prone to going absent too.

I actually think shola is better  :undecided:

Lisa Snowdon has reportedly begun dating England footballer Jay Bothroyd.

The pair, who have been going out for three months, met at an awards ceremony in London last year, according to The Mirror.

A source said: "Neither of them was looking for romance - they just got on incredibly well and things developed from there. It's early days but she thinks he is a true gent. They're smitten."

Cardiff City striker Bothroyd, who was handed his national team debut in November, split from his actress wife Stella Pozzi last summer.