Sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/01/11 - post match reaction from page 41

Dave

Having seen the highlights last night,

God that was a miss from Shola from Barton's ball, bloody hell.

How shit does Bramble still look, lol Dear oh dear. I thought Dixon made a good point about our defenders not closing down Bardsley for the shot. Harper probably should have done a bit better but that goal was just one of those things. I guess if they'd kept the ball better the shot would never have come in.

Sunderland know they've been done in the 90 mins at the end of the day even if they've fluked a draw. Players lacked bottle again???

Bruce's celebration, what a classless oaf he really is, fuck off.

Just watched the MOTD2 highlights.  :rolleyes:

Another commentator mentions the apparently 'injured' magpie on the pitch - how could they tell it was injured??

A quick mention of the Harper incident, followed by major arse kissing for Sunderland fans giving up the offending fan - yet no mention or footage of those same fans invading the pitch again, or the after match trouble.

However, on the sports bulletin on Daybreak this morning, they said 'the FA are deciding whether to investigate the crowd trouble'.

Apparently it was Howard Webb who identified the culprit. He wasn't interested in restarting the game until he'd done his duty as a serving police officer which saw thebairn apprehended. Don't believe for one moment that SAFC supporters turned over one of their own.

As for the game, I thought Sho;a should have came off at about the 80 minute mark. He was knackered and couldn't run.

Aye Shola was absolutely out on his arse near the end. I would have left Best on and hooked Shola as he was running on empty.

Just watched the highlights from last night, we controlled the game and created the best chances IMO. Its a shame they managed to get such a flukey goal but they had some good chances too, don't think they deserved a point but ill take 4 points and 6 goals from the mackems every year TBH.

The first half i thought both teams looked like they didn't really want to take responsibility of the ball, both looked edgy, second half however i thought our midfield took more control, we used Jonas well as a outlet to relieve pressure when they were attacking and i thought Colo and Williamson coped well with two pacey strikers.  Barton gave them a masterclass in how to pass a ball, Nolan put in a workman like performance, he may not be the most agile but with 10 goals to his name ill have more of the same thanks.  Enrique showed his qualities time and time again, Shola should have finished his chances but still worked hard and Best done a lot of running for cross field balls which helps pull their defence open.  Simpson did well but need to work on his distribution, he dropped us in it a couple of times yesterday.

It was my first visit to SOS yesterday and I wasn't that impressed, I have no reason to go to Sunderland and after being there i cant see why anyone would, the place truly is a shit hole.  The ground is just another ground, nothing more, nothing stands out about it, its just bland.  I thought the concourse inside was far to small to cope with the amount of people in the stands, it was jam packed at half time.

Their fans are the worst i've seen, in every respect TBH.  I was right beside them, just the stairs separated us so i got to see just how retarded they really are.  I've never seen a crowd manage to throw so many things whilst the police just stood and watched, coins and bottle were coming every 5 mins and the worst part is you could see the little pricks hiding behind their mates with that school boy look of it wasn't me, grown blokes acting like fucking 5 year olds.

They sang at the start of the game and thats about it, they ARE completely obsessed with us, no doubt about it.  Im sure that there were some dickhead Newcastle fans there too but looking at the mackems i couldn't help but feel sorry for them, they just hate us so much and yet are completely inferior to us in every way.

In the cold light of this morning I'd say a few of them are going to realise that the point they were celebrating yesterday is actually piss poor for a team thats had so much spent on it, whilst i hope our lads are sitting there feeling proud of what they have done to our rivals.  Not every performance was perfect but it cant be in a cagy game like that, the done enough to outshine our retarded neighbours and that will do me.

Mick Lowes said this morning that he was sure that non of the TV cameras caught the Harper being pushed over incident. That would explain as to why it wasn't shown on MotD2. Beggars belief if I'm honest with the amount of cameras that are around the pitch these days!

Guest Loven11

I did say I would be happy with a point before the match but we get so close so yeah I'm disappointed that we couldn't get the 3 points that I thought we deserved imo.

I'll take that though, 4 points from 6 this season from them sad mackem bastards especially first season back and we aren't that far behind them in the league either.

Thought Coloccini was excellent, definetly MOTM imo.

I love NUFC so much  :smitten: ;D

Shola Ameobi should be shot for that miss in the start, it's just so bad you wonder how he still continue to play for this club.

He has his moments i can agree on that, but it doesn't make up for all those misses and bad work he puts in week in week out.

If he's not gone in the summer then i will be seriousl furious, seeing he will be replaced that is.

Opinions, I guess will always differ.

I thought he was superb yesterday, worked like a horse and was very clever for our goal.

The two clear chances he had should have hit the target but in fairness he didn't do a lot wrong as both scraped the woodwork.

Poor Shola - runs himself into the ground for the team but gets remembered for the things he did wrong rather that the vast majority he did excellently.

Shola Ameobi should be shot for that miss in the start, it's just so bad you wonder how he still continue to play for this club.

He has his moments i can agree on that, but it doesn't make up for all those misses and bad work he puts in week in week out.

If he's not gone in the summer then i will be seriousl furious, seeing he will be replaced that is.

Opinions, I guess will always differ.

I thought he was superb yesterday, worked like a horse and was very clever for our goal.

The two clear chances he had should have hit the target but in fairness he didn't do a lot wrong as both scraped the woodwork.

Poor Shola - runs himself into the ground for the team but gets remembered for the things he did wrong rather that the vast majority he did excellently.

I agree to an extent because he does do a lot of very good work but I think the reason he gets criticised so much is because he often does all the hard work before dropping a bollock, which makes it doubley frustrating. He gets you on the edge of your seat and then does something so poor that you just end up getting really pissed off.

Some of his second touches are school-boy level and most of his misses are criminal and come at crucial points in the game. But he does set up goals for other players, holds the ball up well and bags a few as well.

If only he could cut out all of the shit he would be one of the league's better strikers.

I thought Shola worked his arse off yesterday. Fair enough he missed a chance but he got up for Nolan's goal and generally led the line very well.

I thought Shola worked his arse off yesterday. Fair enough he missed a chance but he got up for Nolan's goal and generally led the line very well.

He did, he was blowing out of his arse after 70 minutes but kept on going.

Having just watched the goals again, I just spotted myself leaping around after the goal. I was directly above one of the Tombola signs, cracking view tbh, dead on with the penalty spot.

Mrs Doubtfire/Clarire Balding/Steve Bruce:

“The one thing Newcastle have is better experience than us, but the one thing we will learn is to take on board what happens in games like this. They’ll learn how to handle the big occasion and they will get better. Next year we can’t be any worse in the two derby games.

“With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim to finish above them.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2011/01/17/black-cats-cannot-stand-derby-heat-61634-27998169/#ixzz1BI9M0jAb

“The one thing Newcastle have is better experience than us, but the one thing we will learn is to take on board what happens in games like this. They’ll learn how to handle the big occasion and they will get better. Next year we can’t be any worse in the two derby games.

“With 15 games to go we’re still five points ahead of Newcastle and it’s my aim to finish above them.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2011/01/17/black-cats-cannot-stand-derby-heat-61634-27998169/#ixzz1BI9M0jAb

the one thing sunderland have is a £25m strikeforce that over the 2 derbies was pretty much useless, compared to ours that cost about £1.5m (is that how much Best was?), which then totalled 'free' when he was taken off for Lovenkrands, and in the 5-1 drubbing.  :)

Guest johnson293

the one thing sunderland have is a £25m strikeforce that over the 2 derbies was pretty much useless, compared to ours that cost about £1.5m (is that how much Best was?), which then totalled 'free' when he was taken off for Lovenkrands, and in the 5-1 drubbing.  :)

Regardless of our forwards, their combined £25m strikeforce was outscored by a 28 year old £4m midfielder, over the two games!!  :mackems:

I rate Bent and Gyan TBF, either of them would improve us probably.

aye rate them both (well not gyan for what they paid but he's still good) but from the very little i've watched of them they can't seem to work together and its affecting bent more than gyan who doesn't look anywhere near as deadly as last season (i've been wanting to say that for weeks but refused on basic point of not saying anything to bite me in that match)

I personally think Bent has eyes for elsewhere. Sniping at fans on messageboards, poor performances, disinterested, I think he's thinking about a move.

Gyan has done well, better than I thought and would (sounds daft) be the better of the two for us as he's the type of player we need.

Maybe Bent doesn't work well with a partner? Did alright with Jones, maybe he needs a big man next to him?

I personally think Bent has eyes for elsewhere. Sniping at fans on messageboards, poor performances, disinterested, I think he's thinking about a move.

Gyan has done well, better than I thought and would (sounds daft) be the better of the two for us as he's the type of player we need.

Maybe Bent doesn't work well with a partner? Did alright with Jones, maybe he needs a big man next to him?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=558999

doubt this will help.

;D ;D ;D