John Carver

Guest neesy111

What do you 'fans' actually want?

Pardews gone and now you turn on Carver.

Is it a case of 'The Emporers new clothes',or is there a possibility of a constructive,thought out argument for and against?

The follow the herd mentality on here has transformed this forum from a democratic sounding of opinion into an appeasing,asslicking quagmire of sycophantic self congratulation.

I'm wary of sticking my oar in here as an outsider, but I always find that when I see someone say "fans" (note inverted commas), my heart sinks and I assume the rest of the post will be some sort of "not a proper fan" nonsense.

Proper weird like. Because I didn't want X managing Newcastle United, I'm meant to be happy with Y (where Y is absolutely anyone other than X)?

For once, can I not have someone competent and hired on merit? Or is that me being unrealistic and deluded again?

I see this argument with regard to our manager, too.

This is the logic here.

"Alan Pardew is a fucking terrible manager"

Therefore, this means that following this logic, there are literally hundreds of managers less shit than Alan Pardew

So, regarding some random manager we hear:

"He's better than Pardew, I'd have him"

So, having spent ages saying that Pardew is an awful manager, surely the flip side of that is that if a manager is "better than Pardew", it doesn't really mean very much, as Pardew is fucking useless.

Which makes "better than Pardew" the absolute most pointless basis on which to consider a new manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30645948

John Carver: Sir Bobby Robson 'will be looking down' on Newcastle

Newcastle caretaker manager John Carver says he believes Sir Bobby Robson will be "looking down on him" when he takes charge of the team against Burnley.

Carver and Steve Stone have been named as temporary managers, with Alan Pardew poised to join Crystal Palace.

Robson, who died aged 76 in 2009, managed Newcastle for five years.

Carver, 49, said: "He will be there with us. He will be in the technical area, let me tell you that, because I never stop thinking about him."

Carver worked with Robson during the former England manager's spell at St James' Park and took temporary charge of the first team when Robson was sacked in 2004.

Carver said: "For some reason, I started reading Sir Bobby's autobiography this week. There was a message on the front of the book that read 'Thanks for a fantastic, successful five years, it should have been a lot longer. Cheers, Sir Bobby'.

Former Newcastle winger Chris Waddle on BBC Radio 5 live: 

"I think John Carver will enjoy the chance - he's been number 2 for a long time. John won't say it but deep down he has probably waited for this opportunity to take over his boyhood dream club, so I think if he was honest, I'm sure he would love the opportunity to take it at least until the end of the season and see what happens."

"When he gave me that book, he said to me, 'You do realise how big this football club is, and if ever you get an opportunity, don't be scared of it, enjoy it and take it with both hands'. So I am going to take it with both hands.

"I'm a Catholic and I believe he will be looking down on me, I really do."

Newcastle, who are 10th in the Premier League, accepted an approach from Palace for Pardew on Monday.

Carver said the circumstances of Pardew's expected exit made the situation unusual ahead of the team's Premier League meeting with Burnley on Thursday.

Carver told BBC Radio Newcastle: "It's never ideal but it is totally different to normal circumstances because it's usually because a manager's been sacked that I'm in this position.

"It's pretty unique because managers usually lose their jobs from clubs fighting for their lives. In this situation, that's not the case and it's a really nice feeling.

"It is a strange feeling because he hasn't been sacked and there's a good spirit in the football club, so it's not as if the players are down and disappointed. It's been business as usual."

Is it a case of 'The Emporers new clothes',or is there a possibility of a constructive,thought out argument for and against?

The follow the herd mentality on here has transformed this forum from a democratic sounding of opinion into an appeasing,asslicking quagmire of sycophantic self congratulation.

To turn on Carver would suggest we liked him before hand. He's a complicit part of the Pardew regime and he needs to be removed.

@RobScanlon_TV

#NUFC's Mike Williamson told me today he thinks John Carver is very capable of doing the job until the end of the season. "100 percent yeah, i'll get a game if he's in charge...he'd be a fantastic manager"

:lol:

fixed

To turn on Carver would suggest we liked him before hand. He's a complicit part of the Pardew regime and he needs to be removed.

Aye, we've been saying for yonks we need to revamp the coaching side of the club and get rid of the banta boys.

Guest TruToon94

Newcastle caretaker manager John Carver says he believes Sir Bobby Robson will be "looking down on him" when he takes charge of the team against Burnley.

Carver and Steve Stone have been named as temporary managers, with Alan Pardew poised to join Crystal Palace.

Carver, 49, said: "He will be there with us. He will be in the technical area, let me tell you that, because I never stop thinking about him."

Carver worked with Robson during the former England manager's spell at St James' Park and took temporary charge of the first team when Robson was sacked in 2004.

Carver said: "For some reason, I started reading Sir Bobby's autobiography this week. There was a message on the front of the book that read 'Thanks for a fantastic, successful five years, it should have been a lot longer. Cheers, Sir Bobby'.

"I think John Carver will enjoy the chance - he's been number 2 for a long time. John won't say it but deep down he has probably waited for this opportunity to take over his boyhood dream club, so I think if he was honest, I'm sure he would love the opportunity to take it at least until the end of the season and see what happens."

"When he gave me that book, he said to me, 'You do realise how big this football club is, and if ever you get an opportunity, don't be scared of it, enjoy it and take it with both hands'. So I am going to take it with both hands.

Newcastle, who are 10th in the Premier League, accepted an approach from Palace for Pardew on Monday.

Carver said the circumstances of Pardew's expected exit made the situation unusual ahead of the team's Premier League meeting with Burnley on Thursday.

Carver told BBC Radio Newcastle: "It's never ideal but it is totally different to normal circumstances because it's usually because a manager's been sacked that I'm in this position.

"It's pretty unique because managers usually lose their jobs from clubs fighting for their lives. In this situation, that's not the case and it's a really nice feeling.

"It is a strange feeling because he hasn't been sacked and there's a good spirit in the football club, so it's not as if the players are down and disappointed. It's been business as usual."

That's real low IMO. Just trying to dredge up support for himself by bringing up Bobby and worm his way into a position where he could get a job he should never be at in a million years.

What we need is for us to get mullered next two matches so Ashley craps himself at the thought of us being relegated and hires somebody decent.

That's real low IMO. Just trying to dredge up support for himself by bringing up Bobby and worm his way into a position where he could get a job he should never be at in a million years.

What we need is for us to get mullered next two matches so Ashley craps himself at the thought of us being relegated and hires somebody decent.

Someone clearly asked him about Sir Bobby, it's impossible not to.

I don't want him either, but it's really any excuse to have a go man :lol:

What the 'fans' want - to answer the JJ hypothetical question - is a PROVEN manager who is up to the job of managing one of Britain's best supported clubs....Carver is not that, period.

It is perfectly natural for fans to be sceptical about Carver because he was and is, part of the Ashley establishment - he proved that when he turned on the fans at Southampton because he feared that if Pardew was sacked, a new manager would bring in another assistant.

I had an open mind about Carver until that day - he had been assistant to SBR and I thought he MUST have learned something about coaching and management from him but you cannot, in a million years, imagining SBR offering to have a scrap with one of our fans ; he had far more class than that and he knew better than most, that if you lose the SJP crowd, you are dead.

For the club's - and the fans'- sake, I hope he keeps the team in a respectable position but it would be hard to imagine him as permanent manager of NUFC....the club should have better than that but whilst Ashley is at the helm, we are quite likely to end up with Carver if the side finishes top 10.

Proper weird like. Because I didn't want X managing Newcastle United, I'm meant to be happy with Y (where Y is absolutely anyone other than X)?

For once, can I not have someone competent and hired on merit? Or is that me being unrealistic and deluded again?

Two such people have ruled themselves out until the end of the season (not Bruce obviously as he doesn't fit your criteria) as they don't want to leave their current clubs mid season so what do we do until then?  Carver or Beardsley? Both yes men for sure but i would take Beardsley over Carver for the rest of the season.

Two such people have ruled themselves out until the end of the season (not Bruce obviously as he doesn't fit your criteria) as they don't want to leave their current clubs mid season so what do we do until then?  Carver or Beardsley? Both yes men for sure but i would take Beardsley over Carver for the rest of the season.

I would have preferred Beardsley (as temporary manager ONLY) if only because he's not associated with the abominable football produced by Pardew. Carver and Stone were sat right by his side for the last 4 years so it stands to reason they will have been converted to the Pardew way.

Two have ruled themselves out, that might change if they are actually approached.  No manager in his right mind is going to openly put his name forward for a job that hasn't been and might not even be offered to him.

Steve stones possession comment beggared belief

Every time I hear his name my brain makes this association.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/01/861ce0b20616d0e9cc6f6189128c9602.jpg

Possession that would be an ecumenical matter.

Two have ruled themselves out, that might change if they are actually approached.  No manager in his right mind is going to openly put his name forward for a job that hasn't been and might not even be offered to him.

Well one of them has though.

Don't want these two Neanderthals anywhere near my club.

Shit coaches and sycophants who have been entirely complicit in the shit that's been served up on the pitch for the past couple of years. Fuck off.