John Carver

Guest neesy111

Had the league started on 31/12 then we'd be in the bottom 5. If this prick starts as manager on opening day in august then we'll be in the bottom 6 all season with a reasonable chance of going down.

If he's in charge next season we will go down, there's no doubt about it IMO.

Genuinely worried that the suspension/injury situation will be used as an excuse for the results and they'll "back their man this summer". Clear for all too see how shit he is and I think results would be the same regardless.

The Spaniard had been dropped by Carver before being reinstated into the starting XI.

Carver said: “The proof is in the pudding, and I’ll guarantee you his physical stats will be fantastic when we get in on Monday.

:lol:

Is he just making s*** up now? Just checked Arsenal v Newcastle between 2000 & 2004 when Carver was assistant and Pires was there.

2000-1 - Pires played full 90.

2001-2 - Pires played full 90.

2001-2 - serious knee injury sustained in a challenge from Dabizas

2002-3 - Pires came on as a sub.

2003-4 - Pires came on as a sub.

Unless in 2003-4 he came off the bench then went back off leaving Arsenal with 10 men.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/newcastle-united-v-arsenal-11-april-2004-19694/  this seems to show him coming on a sub and staying on  but following season subbed on 84 minutes http://www.11v11.com/matches/arsenal-v-newcastle-united-14-august-2005-220675/

Carver said it was at Highbury, and he wasn't at the club in 2005.

Genuinely worried that the suspension/injury situation will be used as an excuse for the results and they'll "back their man this summer". Clear for all too see how shit he is and I think results would be the same regardless.

Aye, you can sense the bar being steadily lowered:

-Top 10 finish and the job is his

-OK, top 12 will do

-We've had injuries, top 14 is alright

-Sod it, there was a decent 45 minutes against Arsenal, sign here John...

The Spaniard had been dropped by Carver before being reinstated into the starting XI.

Carver said: “The proof is in the pudding, and I’ll guarantee you his physical stats will be fantastic when we get in on Monday.

:lol:

Please tell me that isn't a real quote.

Guest Incandenza

Is he just making s*** up now? Just checked Arsenal v Newcastle between 2000 & 2004 when Carver was assistant and Pires was there.

2000-1 - Pires played full 90.

2001-2 - Pires played full 90.

2001-2 - serious knee injury sustained in a challenge from Dabizas

2002-3 - Pires came on as a sub.

2003-4 - Pires came on as a sub.

Unless in 2003-4 he came off the bench then went back off leaving Arsenal with 10 men.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/newcastle-united-v-arsenal-11-april-2004-19694/  this seems to show him coming on a sub and staying on  but following season subbed on 84 minutes http://www.11v11.com/matches/arsenal-v-newcastle-united-14-august-2005-220675/

Carver said it was at Highbury, and he wasn't at the club in 2005.

Clearly he was referring to 2001/2002

Please tell me that isn't a real quote.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-says-preparation-wear-tyne-8893125#rlabs=5

“But it just shows you, sometimes you have to take a young player out of the situation.

“His was another outstanding performance.

“He was very unfortunate with a couple of chances, in particular the one that just went past the post, but I thought he was outstanding.”

Stats seem to be what average managers use to replace their complete lack of knowledge.

It's a nonsense argument that you'd expect to tell a child to console them. "It's ok that you failed because the stats say you tried really hard".

This isn't a defe8nce of Carver but what would Guardiola, Mourinho or Klopp do with someone like Mike Williamson? Starting to wonder if all managers are pretty s****.

Sbr had to work with o'brien, bramble, dabizas, hughes and a young berard.  Qualified for the champs league and narrowly missed out a third time.  Yes ee had woodgate but he didnt play all the time.  A good coach can organise what they have and make average players work as a unit.