John Carver

Guest neesy111

He's winning the telegraph's poll on whose the best coach

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11589357/John-Carver-claims-he-is-the-best-coach-in-the-Premier-League.html

:lol: :lol:

Liked the comment "wasn't even the best coach in toronto"

Newcastle are just one point above the relegation zone and are confronting the serious prospect of a second relegation to the Championship in six years.

Are we ???

Robbie Elliott's a fan.

robbie elliott @robbieelliott3  ·  34s 34 seconds ago

To quote an ex #NUFC player "the only way he will be a coach is if you knock all his teeth out and put 52 seats in his mouth"

Robbie Elliott's a fan.

To quote an ex #NUFC player "the only way he will be a coach is if you knock all his teeth out and put 52 seats in his mouth"

Nice. :lol:

Robbie Elliott's a fan.

:lol:

Would be class if other managers started kicking off about it.

:lol: There's a fucking nutcase up north handing out 3 points to anyone that wants it. They're not gonna say peep.

Beginning to wonder whether we're a satirical football club and I just didn't realise up until now.

This.

As a fan of another club I've got to be extra respectful, but fuck me. When Bowyer had that punch-up with Dyer (?) I thought I'd seen it all, when Joe Kinnear got hired as DOF, I had to re-think, but this season has been completely insane. I almost want you to get relegated just because it would be the single most ludicrous season of all time. I hate to say that, but wow.

Beginning to wonder whether we're a satirical football club and I just didn't realise up until now.

This.

As a fan of another club I've got to be extra respectful, but fuck me. When Bowyer had that punch-up with Dyer (?) I thought I'd seen it all, when Joe Kinnear got hired as DOF, I had to re-think, but this season has been completely insane. I almost want you to get relegated just because it would be the single most ludicrous season of all time. I hate to say that, but wow.

:lol: Give us some info on how we look to an outsider, leff.

I can't really speak to that any more, because I've been in the US so long. As an older football fan, it just all seems rather sad, albeit ludicrous. I think that many older fans recognize how powerful Newcastle Utd could be with even moderately competent ownership/management, and there's also some relief in "There but for the grace of God". I've always had lots of Newcastle fans as friends (my Best Woman is from Stakeford) and so I feel a bit more of a connection than most. I think those without such connections just find the whole thing hilarious, and a handy distraction from their own club's failings. Unless you support one of the money clubs, in which case, I don't care what you think :lol:.