John Carver

Guest neesy111

He's every inch as bad as Pardew with regards to every single quote I read making me want to strangle him. This guy has worked with Keegan and Robson yet picked up most of his "knowledge" and personality traits from Alan f***ing Pardew.

Carver didn't need Pardew to learn from regarding his personality, the prick threw a chair at Bellamy, he's unstable.

Bellamy threw the chair. Nearly took out Shay Given. Carver threw a punch.

He's every inch as bad as Pardew with regards to every single quote I read making me want to strangle him. This guy has worked with Keegan and Robson yet picked up most of his "knowledge" and personality traits from Alan f***ing Pardew.

Carver didn't need Pardew to learn from regarding his personality, the prick threw a chair at Bellamy, he's unstable.

I agree with your assessment, but citing that incident as an example would be a little unfair. Even Gandhi and the Dalai Lama would've been driven to throwing a chair at Craig Bellamy.

Have to feel for Carver a bit though, I mean he'd be quite well respected here if he hadn't stuck up for Pardew. Which you could argue he had to do (although obvs not to the exten he did).

I don't rate him and I don't want him as manager, but he's been caught right in the crossfire of the s*** situation we've been in.

Apart from the having a go at Newcastle fans at Southampton incident and the pathetic 'apology' on .cock afterwards, very unsavoury as it was, he could attempt to carry himself with a bit of dignity as the caretaker manager. I don't mind him throwing his head in the ring, but he should have kept it away from the media. The incessant quotes about him working with the best, Mourinho giving him the seal of approval, etc. when he hasn't done anything to prove he might be worthy of the job is desperate beyond belief. I sincerely hope we appoint someone else and he leaves in order to manage in the lower leagues where he belongs.

I wish he would.

Have to feel for Carver a bit though, I mean he'd be quite well respected here if he hadn't stuck up for Pardew. Which you could argue he had to do (although obvs not to the exten he did).

I don't rate him and I don't want him as manager, but he's been caught right in the crossfire of the s*** situation we've been in.

Apart from the having a go at Newcastle fans at Southampton incident and the pathetic 'apology' on .cock afterwards, very unsavoury as it was, he could attempt to carry himself with a bit of dignity as the caretaker manager. I don't mind him throwing his head in the ring, but he should have kept it away from the media. The incessant quotes about him working with the best, Mourinho giving him the seal of approval, etc. when he hasn't done anything to prove he might be worthy of the job is desperate beyond belief. I sincerely hope we appoint someone else and he leaves in order to manage in the lower leagues where he belongs.

I wish he would.

:lol: Don't even know what I was trying to say there.

Anyway, I voted bottom half but no danger. The second half of 2008/09 was staggeringly bad, and we still only went down by a single point. We're already four points better off than at the same stage that season.

FFS if that Journal article is true, and I'm pretty sure it is, I f***ing hate this club. 80% said they didn't want him, yet another indication how the ownership cares about the fan base's feelings.

This will all end in tears if not this season, then next.

Anyway, I voted bottom half but no danger. The second half of 2008/09 was staggeringly bad, and we still only went down by a single point. We're already four points better off than at the same stage that season.

In the same guise though we also end the season with a raft of winnable games, I think we'll be find like. Too much dross taking points off each other - ourselves included.

FFS if that Journal article is true, and I'm pretty sure it is, I f***ing hate this club. 80% said they didn't want him, yet another indication how the ownership cares about the fan base's feelings.

This will all end in tears if not this season, then next.

20% of that vote had to have come from the Mackems. Even the Pardew sympathising lot wouldn't want him, surely.

Can't see Carver lasting long if this is true. Can't see him standing up to the pressure.

Which will make the job even less desirable than it appears to be now, it's stupidity really. You have the chance to hire from a relative position of strength and low expectations, no pressure on the rest of this season, just let the new guy get his feet under the table and learn the club. Instead you give the job to an unqualified kit man. 

Can't see Carver lasting long if this is true. Can't see him standing up to the pressure.

Which will make the job even less desirable than it appears to be now, it's stupidity really. You have the chance to hire from a relative position of strength and low expectations, no pressure on the rest of this season, just let the new guy get his feet under the table and learn the club. Instead you give the job to an unqualified kit man. 

But he has his Pro licence and worked with Bobby... Expect shit like this plus the Geordie factor if it is confirmed.

I can't foresee him getting more than something like 2 wins and three draws looking at the fixtures.  The man can't get results against Leicester and Burnley, so I fail to see where our winnable games are really. 36 points enough this season? I hope so.

Did folks really believe they'd actually appoint someone new? They already history of promoting within and the way they changed the job description to head coach to me made it sound they'd already penned Carver in for the job.

Even the fuckwits off Geordie Shore are made to look intelligent by this utter cretin. If he gets the job there is every of possibility of relegation it is that serious. Only this club could contemplate appointing the only f***ing person actually worse than Pardew - if it happens then all those pages of gifs celebrating were totally wasted as the club will be in an even worse position now - what an utter f***ing joke club we are if this does happens and no wonder we are a laughing stock.

Did folks really believe they'd actually appoint someone new? They already history of promoting within and the way they changed the job description to head coach to me made it sound they'd already penned Carver in for the job.

Maybe correct, although laughably stupid from the club like always.  Did we really hire a PR expert?  Either he's been completely ignored and must be tearing his hair out, or he's rubbish.  If they were going to go for Carver, they should have acted quickly and gone straight in for it.  Say he's getting the job and give him a new 18 month manager contract, so he can be sacked at the end of the season if he's awful (or you just fancy it) ala Tottenham with Sherwood.

The club as always has taken the moron option.  Treat the fans like idiots, pretend to court a few good managers and then appoint the moron that was always on the cards, leaving the fans bitterly disappointed.  How can these morons ask why the fans hate them?  It's almost like they're making a sport of trying to be hated.

while not quite the worst decision they could make (JFK appearing for a third time would be that) its still would be quite horrific a decision but would anyone be surprised? Above all else Carver would be a great deal cheaper than anyone like Garde etc and would be very grateful for the job so no speaking out against Ashley on anything and easily controlled-the ideal candidate in Ashleys eye. Of coarse it will end disasterously and at the very least I'd expect us to get sucked into a relegation battle completely needlessly.