John Carver

Guest neesy111

If fans of one club don't like you, then maybe you were a bad fit or there were bad conditions in the job. If multiple sets of fans hate you everywhere you've turned up you're pure shit and the fans have your number.  That's the situation with Carver and he will be a disaster if he gets the job. It's only a question of how big of a disaster and how long he'd last in the job. He'll be ten steps backwards from where we already are.

oh no it's not about me, it's all about the club. the new head coach needs to understand the club, the area, the fans, the pressure, blah, blah, I UNDASTAND IT ALL I'M A GEORDIE BUT I WON'T SAY ANYMORE blah blah

fuck off you wormy little cretin, hanging about like a bad smell

I'll always dislike him after the way he went on at Southampton this season. Prize prick who showed his true colours so he can fuck off giving it the whole one of us shite because everybody can see through it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-warns-head-coach-8455997?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“It’s a big game for the football club. We need to win, we need to get three points, so I’m not even thinking about me. I’m giving everything for this situation.

“If it comes off, great. If it doesn’t, at least I’ve done it right"

So what you're saying John is that if we don't win, at least you've done it right? Ermmmm......

The intensity of this job is the lowest it has ever been thanks to Ashley and Pardew. Expectations are also lower than ever as well so stop trying to hype it up into something it isn't you fat mong.

John Carver saw disaster coming for Newcastle with Graeme Souness - he doesn't want a repeat

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-saw-disaster-coming-8456308

It's f***ing relentless like.

Pissing me off man trading one knacker for another

Lee Ryder and the rest of them in the local media are just utter bunch of c***s - how anyone can seriously suggest appointing Carver as the best possibility for the club demonstrates a total lack of knowledge on football (though in Ryder's case we already knew this). There is not a single doubt in my mind that John Carver will be appointed and that the only reason it hasn't been done so far is that there is a ready made excuse for no incoming transfers. The only bloke possible worse than Pardew and he will be appointed. If (and in my opinion it will be touch and go) he keeps the team up, he will then be made the permanent manager.

Any forward thinking club would have been appointing a manager within a week of Pardew leaving to ensure that the right man was in place with plenty of time to bring in transfers, but Ashley does not give a s*** about this club and the news that a training session trip to Dubai booked prior to the Leicester game fully illustrates his utter contempt for the club. This club is just one thing right now a total laughing stock.

John Carver saw disaster coming for Newcastle with Graeme Souness - he doesn't want a repeat

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-carver-saw-disaster-coming-8456308

It's f***ing relentless like.

Pissing me off man trading one knacker for another

Lee Ryder and the rest of them in the local media are just utter bunch of cunts - how anyone with anyone can seriously suggest appointing Carver as the best possibility for the club demonstrates a total lack of knowledge on football (though in Ryder's case we already knew this).

It's not the best for the club, but it's best for the Chronicle - Carver's given them three stories worth of quotes just today and he'll always be willing to meet Ryder in the Newcastle Arms and give him some shit to put on the back page.  Compare to someone like Garde

"Remi! Rems! Remi! It's Lee, how are you preparing for the Villa game?"

"Qui?"

Yup, it is worrying the amount of press they are giving him. I'm fully back to fear mode now

Are The Chronicle not banned any more?

Seems to me they're more likely to just be writing whatever guff comes to mind on a daily basis. I seriously doubt they have much (if any) actual knowledge about what's going on.

Yup, it is worrying the amount of press they are giving him. I'm fully back to fear mode now

Seems to me they're more likely to just be writing whatever guff comes to mind on a daily basis. I seriously doubt they have much (if any) actual knowledge about what's going on.

No

It is worrying but I'm trying to believe we're not that stupid, though I'm probably setting myself up for more disappointment. I doubt the Chronic know much to be honest (do they ever?). The not knowing just makes you fear the worst and I think we've still got a couple of weeks to wait for any kind of confirmation from the club.

The ban was lifted in December (http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/newcastle-united-lifts-ban-local-press-telegraph-journalists-remain-barred). It's not far fetched at all to believe that they have been given a heads up that an announcement is imminent and to start spreading pro-Carver stuff imho. The Bishop knows exactly what he is doing.

In terms of the media, Carver will be putting as much drivel out to them as he can to keep himself in the frame.  They're not going to say no and just not run it.  If anything it gives me hope because if Carver thought he was seriously in the running there'd be no need for his little media barrage.

In terms of the media, Carver will be putting as much drivel out to them as he can to keep himself in the frame.  They're not going to say no and just not run it.  If anything it gives me hope because if Carver thought he was seriously in the running there'd be no need for his little media barrage.

All depends if it is his little media barrage, or the club's. The quotes are obviously from the pre-match presser, but the fact that the local newspapers issue article after article on them without even questioning if such an appointment would be befitting of a club of Newcastle's stature tells its own story really. John Carver for Newcastle manager man, any self respecting journalist should be tearing him a new one for having ideas above his station, but there's been none of that, which strongly suggests they (the local media) are on a very tight leash indeed.