Europe: would you take, er, 5th place right now?

kirkwdavis2001

We win today and get 4-6 points from our next two home games and Europe becomes a real possibility!  :frantic: I still think it's a long shot at best, tbh.

No, we will get in to Europe. Leon Best will make sure of it.

I will hold you to this.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's starting to look more and more likely that Everton & Aston Villa will go on runs now. Europe would be great, but I can see one of those two breaking into the top 7 by May.

It's a shame because with Carroll coming back we would have had a real shot

However

I really see us challenging for Europe next year with the money from his sale so in the long run I think it was a blessing

It's definitely time to start looking in front of us instead of over our shoulders - not so much because of our points tally, but more because of the way we've actually been playing. It's starting to become apparent that, at full strength, we're easily on par with (if not better than) most of the teams around us.

It's definitely time to start looking in front of us instead of over our shoulders - not so much because of our points tally, but more because of the way we've actually been playing. It's starting to become apparent that, at full strength, we're easily on par with (if not better than) most of the teams around us.

Absolutely. Aside from Tiote, yesterday's team wouldn't even have been our first choice XI last season - in the Championship. The potential of the squad is absolutely massive.

Absolutely. Aside from Tiote, yesterday's team wouldn't even have been our first choice XI last season - in the Championship. The potential of the squad is absolutely massive.

What do you mean? re: the first choice in the Championship.

What do you mean?

Yesterday's team wouldn't have been our first choice XI in the Championship. Never mind the Premiership against far superior opponents.

What i mean is, when you consider that on paper, that's not a very strong team - yet we're still playing very well and getting good results... imagine what three significant upgrades could do for us. We'll be a force to be reckoned with if the summer goes well.

What do you mean?

Yesterday's team wouldn't have been our first choice XI in the Championship. Never mind the Premiership against far superior opponents.

I'm probably being thick but you said apart from Tiote?  Surely Jose and Colo would be first teamers?  I guess I'm just misinterpreting what you're saying. :shifty: :lol:

Well i mean Best wouldn't have been playing and Ryan Taylor wouldn't have been playing. I'm only talking a couple of changes but, that there yesterday, wouldn't have been our first choice eleven.

It's a pretty loose analysis but my general point is just that we've got loads of potential. :thup:

What do you mean?

I'm probably being thick but you said apart from Tiote?  Surely Jose and Colo would be first teamers?  I guess I'm just misinterpreting what you're saying. :shifty: :lol:

He means, on paper, the side yesterday wasn't as strong as our Championship XI last season, and yet we still nearly nicked it. You're just misinterpreting.

Well i mean Best wouldn't have been playing and Ryan Taylor wouldn't have been playing. I'm only talking a couple of changes but, that there yesterday, wouldn't have been our first choice eleven.

It's a pretty loose analysis but my general point is just that we've got loads of potential. :thup:

Ah, yeah, I do agree with you.  I was just thrown by the 'apart from Tiote' part.

So if Arsenal win today, and one of the top 6 win the FA cup, 7th in the premiership will qualify for Europe? In that case, we're 3 points off 6 and 1 point off 7th with a superior goal difference with 10 games to go. Everton and Aston Villa breathing down our necks but realistically we've got a chance along with Liverpool, Bolton, Sunderland, Everton, Stoke and Villa.