Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This was always going to be a shit loan signing, I just hope that we don't compound the mistake of bringing him on loan by making the deal permanent.  The last transfer window was an absolute piss take by everybody at the club who played any part in it.

agreed, best thing we could do with Ireland is let him be Villa's problem.

It really has become a wasted exercise because after such a lengthy period out its unrealistic to expect him to come in at 100% match fitness. Making any assessmnet this season on whether he's worthy of a permanent deal has now become almost impossible.

BEN ARFA?

It really has become a wasted exercise because after such a lengthy period out its unrealistic to expect him to come in at 100% match fitness. Making any assessmnet this season on whether he's worthy of a permanent deal has now become almost impossible.

BEN ARFA?

What? :lol:

Guest elbee909

BEN ARFA?

What? :lol:

BEN ARFA!  BEN ARFA!

No, I don't get it either.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Really starting to look like he might never play for us.  Disappointing stuff

He won't.

Every game he misses just reinforces my belief we knew full well he wasn't going to be fit any time soon. Make it look like we did something in January, cost little or nothing and open the possibility of getting him for fuck all in the summer. Opportunism and little else. No doubt many will think this overly cynical but I'm not bothered.

Guest BooBoo

The whole idea of deliberately signing players who won't play to "look like we did something" is pretty downright absurd.

Minded to agree with this.

i dont think we signed him to just make it look like we did something, we all know the club is too tight to waste money on appeasing the public by bringing in any players wether they play or not.

it was just pure desperation. the deal originally broke down because he failed a medical, and once we became short on numbers attacking wise with carroll leaving we had little option but to take the risk. the deal obviously was in place from the weekend so it was quick and easy to conduct at a late hour.

they knew exactly when he signed he was going to be out for a while. when you listen to pardew he seems very relaxed about ireland, he doesnt seem frustrated at all about his "setbacks" which sounds to me that we knew all along what we were getting.

i hope he does get a run of games at somepoint. you can only judge him on how he plays for us, if hes great fantastic, sign him up, if not lets just move on.

I think the loan deal suited everyone at the time.

Villa got an unhappy player out of the club, maybe permanently. We signed a 'name' on the same day we sell our best player which helps to placate some of the angry fans. Ireland gets out of Villa and Birmingham and can try to impress Pardew in training and/or games to earn a contract.

Guest Chubby Jason

At least we're not paying him, which considering the Carroll wages means we're saving money. :celb:

Ahh yes. That's better than getting 3 points for me.

BEN ARFA?

Looks like this is turning into another Stephen Carr injury fiasco. It's such a shame because although the lad is a complete bellend he is some football player when he's up for it. We could really use him now.

Things like these and yesterdays result that really leaves me a bit bloody fed up.

The whole idea of deliberately signing players who won't play to "look like we did something" is pretty downright absurd.

and is absolutely contradictory to the idea that Mike doesn't give a shit about what the fans think, but it's the same people who will repeat both statements, never mind the blatant contradiction

This was always going to be a s*** loan signing, I just hope that we don't compound the mistake of bringing him on loan by making the deal permanent.  The last transfer window was an absolute p*ss take by everybody at the club who played any part in it.

How exactly is it shit  loan signing ,do you think Pardew told him to have a relapse in his fitness fight so to not play this season ,as Stevemc says he might not play for us this season but hell atleast we got him in rather than no one at all.

This was always going to be a s*** loan signing, I just hope that we don't compound the mistake of bringing him on loan by making the deal permanent.  The last transfer window was an absolute p*ss take by everybody at the club who played any part in it.

How exactly is it s***  loan signing ,do you think Pardew told him to have a relapse in his fitness fight so to not play this season ,as Stevemc says he might not play for us this season but hell atleast we got him in rather than no one at all.

Maybe we should of signed a player who was fit at the time as it always helps.

How exactly is it s***  loan signing ,do you think Pardew told him to have a relapse in his fitness fight so to not play this season ,as Stevemc says he might not play for us this season but hell atleast we got him in rather than no one at all.

Maybe we should of signed a player who was fit at the time as it always helps.

Oh stop it  ;D