Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is he injury prone or is it just bad luck? He doesn't seem to have a recurring problem but a different injury every other month.

I would take him on a 6 month / season long loan again, offer 50% of his wages with a view to buy for 5m.

This injury puts us in the driving seat, so we'll be able to negotiate hard. He's still young and still has the potential to be a great player if he can get a good run of games, and he's exactly the sort of impact player we need coming off the bench next season.

Ireland hasn't had any injury problems throughout his career as far as I can remember, picks up a niggle at Villa and then he comes to Newcastle and he's out for 6 month.

Not just because of this case like, but our medical staff do appear to be utter dog-shit.

I'd much sooner we added that £4m to the £4m we're probably planning on spending on a striker.

Gameiro (12m), Sow (13m), Gervinho (9m), El Arabi (4m)

4m spent on Ireland, we can still afford any two of them should we want them.

I'd much sooner we added that £4m to the £4m we're probably planning on spending on a striker.

Dream on.

Dream on.

So why save 4m if you don't think we'll spend it. Ireland has the potential to be a very good player, and 4m is not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not saying save it. I mean I'd rather have fewer better players than hedge our bets with numerous cheap players.

Yes, yes, Tiote and Ben Arfa etc.

We've too many half-decent players and not enough good ones IMO. I'd rather we signed one £8m striker than one £4m striker and Stephen Ireland for £4m, that's all I mean.

I agree on the whole, but when a bargain presents itself, we shouldn't turn it down. Ireland can be a world-beater on his day, the same can't be said for some of the fringe players / dead wood we have.

Obviously, neither of us can predict how much or little is going to be spent in the summer, but I hope Ireland is given the chance to prove himself.

This is a disappointing yet predictable situation.

The real issue here is what the hell is going on at our football club? Players seem to be dropping like flies atm.

The real issue here is what the hell is going on at our football club? Players seem to be dropping like flies atm.

It's because there's no undersoil heating at the training ground. Er, yes. That's what it is.

It's because there's no undersoil heating at the training ground. Er, yes. That's what it is.

And there was me thinking its maybe down to the season being nearly over and there are holidays to go on.