Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy to give him a shot and hope he can regain his form. Just hope he isn't used to disrupt a system that's been working quite nicely. Needs to play off a striker with Barton and Nolan left where they are.

Exactly my thoughts. Obviously it's weird how apathetic i am given his performance the season before last... but Pardew's got no right or reason dismantling the midfield system Hughton built up. It's the most coherent and fluid we've played in years with Tiote, Nolan and Barton in there.

It's an ideal opportunity to put Ireland in his, allegedly, favoured position - whilst adding another body to the squad regardless. Generally satisfied with the signing tbh. :)

I'm sure Houllier said the other day that he was due back in training next week.

It's a knee injury, and that's definitely what he said - now serious.

The fact Ireland is up with you lot today must mean our Bradley deal is going through

Pretty exciting signing if he passes the medical. He needs players like Nolan around him to settle in, there was no-one like that at Villa

Don't really follow this .... what do you mean by players like that?

Big fat party animals

Medical when he's injured and it's only a four month loan seems a bit odd, doesn't it?

Eh? :lol:

People spout this every time an injured played is signed by a club, what do they think a medical is? A fitness test out on the pitch?

More that I didn't think it customary to have a medical for a short term loan - in combination with already being injured it struck me as odd.

I've been told, though, haven't I?

:laugh:

We're still talking about spending hundreds of thousands of pounds mate, of course we're going to see how well he's currently bolted together.

Pretty exciting signing if he passes the medical. He needs players like Nolan around him to settle in, there was no-one like that at Villa

Big fat party animals

http://www.1000goals.com/wallpapers3/richard-dunne.jpeg

http://theoriginalwinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/john-carew.jpg

Team players, looking after the younger lads. As far as I see it , Villa have a bunch of self-concerned players

What's your general opinion on him as a player, Brummie?

Very talented lad, but he's utterly wrong in the head. I think taking him away from his comfort zone, what he was used to at City, has just exposed how mental he is.

All that bollocks about "ooh, I've got a virus so I can't play" then being spotted out on the piss the same evening got on my tits. For 70k a week, you expect better than that.

I hope he turns it around with you, because he's got talent, but thus far, fair play to Houllier for shipping the whingers / malingerers / deadwood out.

First Carew, now Ireland, and hopefully Warnock - who apparently whinges and moans so much, and disrupts the squad so badly, he's been training with the reserves for the last two weeks

Team players, looking after the younger lads. As far as I see it , Villa have a bunch of self-concerned players

I don't really see that.

Petrov is a wise old midfielder, for example, and also we have a squad full of youngsters, many of whom have played and done very well in the first team, who seem to be exceptionally well adjusted.

Ireland is 24, incidentally, he's hardly a teenager.

We need bodies in midfield. He is body in midfield. Good signing as long as he's not at Alan Smith levels of uselessness. Surely he's not that bad.

I'm just concerned that he's coming injured and that he might get a bunch of those "complications" that all of our players tend to pick up.

Can't see why he'd replace Barton or Tiote, as they play in different positions. The only player he'd take the place of in CM is Nolan, which I wouldn't be entirely against in games where he appears completely non-existent (like the second game in a week).

Generally he's extra cover for the centre, and he can play in his favoured position just off the striker. If he can regain his City form, we're onto a winner.

Well, if he does turn out to be a crackerjack then a loan deal is the sensible option. If he doesn't work out then we can pack him off back to Villa in May.

Carroll or Barton would of knocked him out before May.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Barton  Tiote  Nolan  Jonas

Ireland

Carroll*

*Ameobi, until Carroll's back.

That looks pretty good.