Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Serious question - where would Ireland fit in for you?

He's not going to get a game ahead of Tiote in the middle, and I can't see Nolan being dropped. Ben Arfa is apparently a month or so away from slotting in on the left for you and Barton has been one of your best players.

Seems a bit of a "for the sake of it" signing to me.

Barton - Tiote - Nolan - Ben Arfa

Ireland

Carroll

?

He's not going to get a game ahead of Tiote in the middle, and I can't see Nolan being dropped. Ben Arfa is apparently a month or so away from slotting in on the left for you and Barton has been one of your best players.

Ireland

Carroll

?

That's where I'd play him too. His best form for City came when he was in a free role behind the striker.

Anyone wondering why we want a midfielder: -

Smith is out for the season (no great loss).

Gosling is having exploratory surgery on his knee so will be out for a while.

Routledge has been loaned to QPR.

Tiote picks up a yellow card nearly every game so we can expect suspensions for him.

Ben Arfa isn't likely to be back until March at the earliest.

Apart from them we only have Barton, Nolan, Guthrie and Gutierrez. We need experienced cover.

Anyone wondering why we want a midfielder: -

Smith is out for the season (no great loss).

Gosling is having exploratory surgery on his knee so will be out for a while.

Routledge has been loaned to QPR.

Tiote picks up a yellow card nearly every game so we can expect suspensions for him.

Ben Arfa isn't likely to be back until March at the earliest.

Apart from them we only have Barton, Nolan, Guthrie and Gutierrez. We need experienced cover.

Didn't realise how thin we where till i saw that.

Ireland is an absolute head case, he makes Ben Arfa look sane.  Anybody who lies about the death of a family member has serious mental problems.

Hadn't his lass just lost their baby, and he was trying to keep it under wraps. Could be wrong like.

Anyone know what Pardew's record with malcontented yet talented players is like? I've not a clue.

Would have been more confident if we signed him under Hughton - reckon he could have had a go at sorting his head out. That said, I'm still pretty excited, as I always am when we sign a player.

Ireland is an absolute head case, he makes Ben Arfa look sane.  Anybody who lies about the death of a family member has serious mental problems.

Hadn't his lass just lost their baby, and he was trying to keep it under wraps. Could be wrong like.

Aye but...why didn't he just say that? It's a perfectly valid reason to drop out of a squad IMO.

Guest neesy111

Anyone know what Pardew's record with malcontented yet talented players is like? I've not a clue.

Would have been more confident if we signed him under Hughton - reckon he could have had a go at sorting his head out. That said, I'm still pretty excited, as I always am when we sign a player.

Mixed, he did get the best out of Reo Coker and Harewood which is a positive.

Aye but...why didn't he just say that? It's a perfectly valid reason to drop out of a squad IMO.

Maybe he wasnt in a great state of mind to make rational decisions after they had just lost their baby.....

No, that was the excuse that he came out with after first claiming that 2 or 3 of his grandmothers had died, I'm sure one of those grandmothers only existed in his head. 

Not the greatest, he normally just gets into bed with their wives which doesn't always go down a storm. :undecided:

Maybe he wasnt in a great state of mind to make rational decisions after they had just lost their baby.....

They didn't have a baby, well if they did it was only in his head.

wife had a miscarrige.

She didn't man. It was a lie.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Ireland

Carroll

?

So the idea is to change the team's formation to accomodate a bloke that's (a) an absolute fruit loop and (b) spent the last two years playing reserve team football?

Could work, could not - but surely that wouldn't be worth the risk? It's not like you're desperately battling relegation.

No, that was the excuse that he came out with after first claiming that 2 or 3 of his grandmothers had died, I'm sure one of those grandmothers only existed in his head. 

Are you sure that the miscarriage was made up as well.

I think the miscarriage is true. Are people saying it's a lie based on what is said on wikipedia?

However this too was found out to be another fabricated story, Stephen Ireland has to his day refuses to comment (radio interview with 'bbc sport-talk') on why he couldn't control his fibs. Further deception was invoked by the cork man when he refused to admit that he at the time did not even have a girlfriend or a granny or even an uncle to which he claimed was recently divorced from a granny in-law to which he also did not have.

:lol:

They didn't have a baby, well if they did it was only in his head.

What was the real reason then? Since you seem to know more than everyone else about this?

wife had a miscarrige.

He didn't have a wife and that's probably the only claim that he didn't make, he claimed that his girl friend had miscarried, I don't even know if he had a girl friend as I seem to remember that it was later claimed that he didn't and he'd also lied about that.