Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Said the other day that I suspect we bought him because we knew he was fucked. No wages and they're able to say "oh look we tried."

Much better option than Sturridge or Vela who, yeah they'll get on the field and score loads of goals and that, but why would you do that when you have to pay them?!?

Said the other day that I suspect we bought him because we knew he was fucked. No wages and they're able to say "oh look we tried."

Much better option than Sturridge or Vela who, yeah they'll get on the field and score loads of goals and that, but why would you do that when you have to pay them?!?

I think that's going a bit too far.

I doubt Vela will be on much and if we aren't fussed about getting any players in why sign HBA who isn't exactly going to be on Guthrie level wages.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2011/03/sway.gif

This one looks to be more complete:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/232528/Stephen-Ireland-My-Aston-Villa-horrorStephen-Ireland-My-Aston-Villa-horror#ixzz1FacG7KBM

“Ireland is only reaping what it has sown,” he said. “They have put buildings up just for the sake of it and, in the end, no one lives inside them. That has cost a huge amount of money.

“But I don’t give a damn for Ireland. Live in Cork? Rather shoot myself. I prefer Los Angeles.” And he made crystal clear his determination to never wear his country’s shirt again. “Even at youth level, it p****d me off to go there,” he said. “Everyone came from Dublin. I was the only guy from Cork. I had to take the train on my own, pay for a taxi, there was no hotel, no grub. It was handled so amateurishly.

“National teams don’t interest me. I have more to do than go off for three days to play Andorra. And when you are Irish, you are well aware you’ll never win the World Cup.

“I feel nothing for the team. I absolutely don’t feel guilty when they lose and, when they win, at no time do I think I could have been there.

f***ing hell, he's completely off his mind :lol:

Complete wanker :lol:

Man, that's mental.

Said the other day that I suspect we bought him because we knew he was f***ed. No wages and they're able to say "oh look we tried."

Christ.

Said the other day that I suspect we bought him because we knew he was f***ed. No wages and they're able to say "oh look we tried."

Man, that's mental.

It's just Wullie's typical bullshit, just ignore, sad how a good poster can become crap so drastically   :sadnod:

Oh right. Now I see, how silly of me.

Yes, you're the idiot for getting the loan period wrong, not the bloke who spent the transfer window chasing an injured player.

Atleast wait until after the summer transfer window to decide whether this was worth it or not man, Ben Arfa only played about 2 and a half games and won a contract

Why do we need to wait until the summer to discuss the January window?

Atleast wait until after the summer transfer window to decide whether this was worth it or not man, Ben Arfa only played about 2 and a half games and won a contract

Why do we need to wait until the summer to discuss the January window?

If Ireland comes in and helps us push on for the last few games of the season would it be classed as a worthwhile signing?

If Ireland comes in and helps us push on for the last few games of the season would it be classed as a worthwhile signing?

I'll wait and see, it might have been a bit more worthwhile if we'd got in somebody who was fit when he signed.  Maybe not, as our other signing who came in only gets a minute here and there, because he's not classed as being good enough by the bloke who brought him in.

I'll wait and see, it might have been a bit more worthwhile if we'd got in somebody who was fit when he signed.  Maybe not, as our other signing who came in only gets a minute here and there, because he's not classed as being good enough by the bloke who brought him in.

So the summer might be a good time to judge?  O0

You said yourself you will wait and see :lol:

I said I'll wait and see If Ireland comes in and helps us push on for the last few games of the season and if it would then be classed as a worthwhile signing.  That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the signing now.

Fair enough, people tend to look a bit silly when they jump in two footed with a decision early though (Enrique, Carroll, Hughton etc...).

Things change over time, something being wrong after a period of time doesn't have to be wrong earlier.