Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I live in Manchester, and it took me an hour and a quarter to get to training

If he was paid decent money he could of lived in a hotel or rented a place during the week to make life easier for himself. Lets dump him like toxic waste & move on.

"One day though, Houllier asked me to come and live in Birmingham. I live in Manchester, and it took me an hour and a quarter to get to training.

"Birmingham is a rubbish town as it is, but on top of that I wasn't playing, so I wasn't going to make that effort."

:lol:

Daft comments considering he's not even kicked a ball in anger up here never mind agreeing a permanent move. Hopefully the thought of going back is enough for him to book his ideas up and play his way in to our team for next season...if not he's burnt his Birmingham bridge before he's across the river.

Daft comments considering he's not even kicked a ball in anger up here never mind agreeing a permanent move. Hopefully the thought of going back is enough for him to book his ideas up and play his way in to our team for next season...if not he's burnt his Birmingham bridge before he's across the river.

If he doesn't come here, Villa will offload him somehow. It's obvious that he has no future there, so the Birmingham comments don't really matter.

Guest Heneage

Fairly honest from the guy irrespective of whether you like Birmingham or not. He must expect a backlash if he goes back.

Hopefully this will inspire the mentalist to really kick on here. If he gets fit and we sign him in the summer I can really are "this group" giving him the love he desperately needs. Like HBA.

I told you. He's absolutely fucking mental.

"Boo hoo, it took me over an hour to get to training", poor little thing on his 70k a week.

That "I was the best player in training" line is exactly the same one he used when he came to us. It is always, always someone else's fault with Ireland.

Oh,. and "I was the best player against Chelsea"? I was at the match, and if you think aimlessly jogging around two yards off the pace for ninety minutes whilst continually looking exasperated (a bit like Petrov, come to think of it) is a man of the match winning performance, then you're off your head.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Isn't that the mag Obi ran into the journo from btw?

Aye!  :lol: 'On Foot' 'So Foot' 'A Foot' same thing... Man.

Hilarious. He obviously is not returning to Villa.  The lad has a point. Villa is an idiot club that use most of their income on salaries. And Shitty is obviously ruining football.  I'm glad he's blabbing away. That will scare all other clubs, except us, from buying him. And again, we'll get a class player on the cheap. With our TLC he'll be class in no time..

Strangely enough...

Some French Guy, utterly lost in Forest Hall, asked for my help today. Bit confused, I stopped and listened. Apparently he was a reporter for a French Football Magazine, and was looking for Darsley Park! Ah, well, since I'm heading in that generally direction, I'll show you where it is, I replied. So we walked and talked, and I think he did his best to understand me, and he was all set to interview Joey Barton at 1pm. Joey's first interview with a french football magazine!

He asked if I liked Barton, I said 'aye'. Asked if I agreed with Barton's comments that he (Barton) was the best English Midfielder. Said, perhaps. Talked a bit about how people perceived Barton and his reputation, mentioned the Diaby tackle as an example. Really interesting. Asked him if he was nervous, he said 'Yes, maybe because he won't understand me, or I won't understand him. Does he have an accent?'. 'Yes. But not as bad as mine."

Showed him where the Training Ground was, and wished him good luck. Pretty sure he said the magazine was called 'On Foot', but I can't seem to find anything about it on Google. Ah well.

Presumably the same chap.

Obi its not that i dont believe your story but why the fuck would a reporter from a French soccer magazine be walking lost in Forest Hall ,surely a official of the club would organise transportation or the reporter himself would get a taxi to the training ground  ;D

I like him, would rather have his quotes than players just saying "I'll give 100%, it's a game of two halves" etc etc.

TBF to him he was at Man City at an unfortunate time, and he was replaced far too quickly considering how good he was for them before the money arrived.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Strangely enough...

Some French Guy, utterly lost in Forest Hall, asked for my help today. Bit confused, I stopped and listened. Apparently he was a reporter for a French Football Magazine, and was looking for Darsley Park! Ah, well, since I'm heading in that generally direction, I'll show you where it is, I replied. So we walked and talked, and I think he did his best to understand me, and he was all set to interview Joey Barton at 1pm. Joey's first interview with a french football magazine!

He asked if I liked Barton, I said 'aye'. Asked if I agreed with Barton's comments that he (Barton) was the best English Midfielder. Said, perhaps. Talked a bit about how people perceived Barton and his reputation, mentioned the Diaby tackle as an example. Really interesting. Asked him if he was nervous, he said 'Yes, maybe because he won't understand me, or I won't understand him. Does he have an accent?'. 'Yes. But not as bad as mine."

Showed him where the Training Ground was, and wished him good luck. Pretty sure he said the magazine was called 'On Foot', but I can't seem to find anything about it on Google. Ah well.

Presumably the same chap.

Obi its not that i dont believe your story but why the fuck would a reporter from a French soccer magazine be walking lost in Forest Hall ,surely a official of the club would organise transportation or the reporter himself would get a taxi to the training ground  ;D

I was wondering the same thing! I assume he got the metro from the Airport to Benton, and the got lost from there. Suppose it saved the Club £10 on Taxi Fee or whatever.  :lol: Wonder if his Interview with Barton turned into an interview with Ireland in the end? The guy was saying Barton was going to take him to the golf course.  :lol: