Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It was only a year back that Wullie rated Guthrie more than Barton.

It was a matter of weeks ago that you rated Steven Taylor over Mike Williamson.

You're one to talk about Williamson, like. You wanted him out long before anyone else did. :lol:

Because only a year back Barton was a complete waste of space and Guthrie was a good midfielder for the side.

We're not doing the whole hindsight s*** again are we? "HAHA You thought Barton was s*** and look at him now!!!!1"

Sorry that we don't all have a crystal ball like you.

Wullie has a blind spot when it comes to players like Guthrie and Lovenkrands. Probably because it's more fun to blame the owner than players who just aren't performing.

Because only a year back Barton was a complete waste of space and Guthrie was a good midfielder for the side.

We're not doing the whole hindsight s*** again are we? "HAHA You thought Barton was s*** and look at him now!!!!1"

Wullie has a blind spot when it comes to players like Guthrie and Lovenkrands. Probably because it's more fun to blame the owner than players who just aren't performing.

As opposed to you who has a blind spot when the likes of Guthrie and Lovenkrands actually put in a decent shift?

It was a matter of weeks ago that you rated Steven Taylor over Mike Williamson.

You're one to talk about Williamson, like. You wanted him out long before anyone else did. :lol:

True that.

As opposed to you who has a blind spot when the likes of Guthrie and Lovenkrands actually put in a decent shift?

Sorry I don't praise Premier League players to high heaven when they 'put in a decent shift' once every few months.

I get slated when I'm "negative" about the owner, I get slated when I defend average/poor players who are doing their best for NUFC.

It's getting to a point on here where the owner and his lackeys are the only people who it is OK to defend. Canny pathetic imo, and very ironic coming from someone who defended Titus Bramble vociferously every week no matter what.

My arse is Guthrie doing 'his best for NUFC'. The lad's a physical wreck and a bottler.

I defended Bramble because he was made a scapegoat time and time again for the utter homegrown crap he played alongside. Four years later it's pretty obvious who the weak links were.

Would be interesting to know how well Ireland is integrating into the squad. Think that will be a major factor in the decision on whether or not we'll take a chance with him long term. Pardew and Carver should have him sussed by now.

An undoubted talent, but clearly very high maintenance. How much is he willing to put in to resurrect his career, is the question for him.

If he does feel comfortable and welcome here, then maybe he will be happy to scrap for a place when one becomes available.

But he'll be up against Nolan and Ben Arfa, two guarenteed starters next season.

Where does Gosling fit into these squad scenarios btw?

Harper

Willi        Colo

Barton  Gosling  Nolan  Tiote  Ireland  HBA  Jonas

Ameobi

Better? ;)

Harper

Willi        Colo

Ameobi

Better? ;)

Answer to everything you!

I am sure he would love a permanent deal here but surely even Ashley is not that stupid ?

IF Ireland can play in every game remaining this season and show some form then okay.. otherwise FUCK OFF!

Could be a good impact player if he's coming off the bench with a point to prove, and we need a bench full of players who can change a game. We need competition and depth, so he's worth a shot at 5m or so i think, wouldn't mind seeing Guthrie go the other way either.

Harper

Willi        Colo

Ameobi

Better? ;)

Would like to see some more youth, where does Haris Vuckic fit into all this?

My arse is Guthrie doing 'his best for NUFC'. The lad's a physical wreck and a bottler.

I defended Bramble because he was made a scapegoat time and time again for the utter homegrown crap he played alongside. Four years later it's pretty obvious who the weak links were.

Bramble was criticised because he was crap.

Since leaving NUFC the only f***er who rates Shambles more than Ronaldo is the c*** who has singed him twice.  Still time for Arsne, Fergie, Arry, Roberto or Kenny D to notice the talented centre back.

i'm sure it was chris hutchings that signed him for wigan, although he did drop an almighty clanger in the first match bruce took charge of, in the 1st minute too iirc