MLS

Kaizero

Why did Salt Lake give RB these two players? Seems a bad move on the basis of the first 30 minutes of the season.

Not sure tbh. Olave's been one of the best CBs in the league the past few seasons and Espindola is a solid forward. RSL got about $500K in allocation money in return (which is a large sum for MLS) and I think they're trying to re-build and get younger.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Have watched 15 minutes of this match and it has made me an MLS convert. Loving the atmosphere too.

Have watched 15 minutes of this match and it has made me an MLS convert. Loving the atmosphere too.

Portland has some of the most rabid fans in the league. Always an electric atmosphere at Jeld-Wen.

That was a thrilling game. Kudos to Portland for coming back. Nagbe, Valeri, and Johnson are going to be devastating this year.

Do Portland players get slabs of wood for every goal they score?

They do something quirky. I think the lumberjack guy revs-up and saws off a chunk after every goal.

EDIT: yeah the goal scoring player receives the chunk he saws off. :lol:

They do something quirky. I think the lumberjack guy revs-up and saws off a chunk after every goal.

I love that shit. Makes me want to yell America!!

That game was awesome. I'm trying again to get into MLS. Joined a fantasy league with some co-workers. The schedule is always a bitch to follow and it hasn't hooked me yet despite living 30 minutes from Red Bull Arena.

http://www.portlandtimbers.com/supporters/timber-joey

Yeah, I lived a train hop away from the Bull Arena and for the life of me I couldn't get attached to that "team". They're just so awful from top to bottom.

The MLS is getting better though. One of the weirdest things are the shitty salaries players get, as opposed to the monster packages they get over here, makes teams more relatable somehow.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I love that shit. Makes me want to yell America!!

Toon players get a Cheese & Onion pasty from Greggs. It's why Cissé doesn't score anymore, he hates the fuckers. Too hot for him, burn the roof of his mouth.

That game was awesome. I'm trying again to get into MLS. Joined a fantasy league with some co-workers. The schedule is always a bitch to follow and it hasn't hooked me yet despite living 30 minutes from Red Bull Arena.

Yeah, I lived a train hop away from the Bull Arena and for the life of me I couldn't get attached to that "team". They're just so awful from top to bottom.

The MLS is getting better though. One of the weirdest things are the shitty salaries players get, as opposed to the monster packages they get over here, makes teams more relatable somehow.

Outside of Chivas, NYRB is the worst. Nobody cares about it. It's what they get for putting the stadium in Harrison, NJ.

I see Diego Valeri scored for Portland, very good player, he should in theory walk through games with consumate ease if he can be arsed, been one of the better and more consistent players in Argentina of recent. Shame he left.

Outside of Chivas, NYRB is the worst. Nobody cares about it. It's what they get for putting the stadium in Harrison, NJ.

Miserable corporate name is loathsome too.  Save that shit for Korean baseball.