MLS

Kaizero

Having come to America from Ireland I can only say that I envy the way the Americans support the MLS. At home the top teams in the League Of Ireland average 2k-3k attendances despite having "traditional" teams in areas since the early 1900's and there isn't a year goes by without a club going into administration or some kind of financial trouble. The president of the FAI is one of the highest paid football execs in Europe and his salary is circa 10x the prize money the winners of the league get and most teams end if season position payments are less than the fee they have to pay to enter at the start of the season. These problems will never change because of the old boys club style administration in the league. Then you have football "fans" who fly to Liverpool/Manchester/London every week to cheer on "their" team and not only wouldn't they go to watch their local team a few miles down the road, they deride those that do and abuse the standard of the league.

So as far as the American supporter culture goes, they can chop the trees, march to the stadiums and display their tifos and I'll take that over "traditional support" that I've seen back home.

Stoked to see a roof but I'm not sold on the three-sided stadium.

It depends on what's behind the small stand. Century Link Field has a small stand they call the Hawk's Nest. From the other three sides it gives a great view of the cityscape, space needle, etc.

I've only only been to Chicago and Columbus and both have an open end like that and its really pretty shit. Takes away a lot, not that Chicago have enough people to come close to filling it. Looks great at PPL park, but if they're just going to put a stage or something there it's kind of disappointing.

I don't think their will be much to see in the open end unless its downtown Orlando's skyline (or lack of one?). All good.

I'm most definitely buying season tickets for the new stadium and will take part in any cringeworthy celebration or chanting b/c I've long wished to live in a city with a local professional (top division) football side. I had a short lived run with the Tampa Bay Mutiny when the MLS just started and after all the crap we put-up with as Newcastle supporters, this will be a welcome breath of fresh air and excitement.

When does this whole NYFC thing start? 2015? Might finally have a team.

Fuck off are you supporting NYFC. You will fucking wait until Buffalo gets a team (never). Absolutely reprehensible shit, old Mike.

Fuck off are you supporting NYFC. You will fucking wait until Buffalo gets a team (never). Absolutely reprehensible shit, old Mike.

:okay:

Fucking slacking Yanks...

Taylor Twellman ‏@TaylorTwellman  4m

Breaking News: @OrlandoCitySC have signed their 1st DP @KAKA. He will be loaned out to Sao Paolo until 2015. @MLS making moves. #WorldCup

:okay:

New York CITY FC. The rest of the state has to share the Red Bulls with Jersey.

I wish Baltimore would get a team. Maryland is one of the most soccer-y states and the DC/Baltimore market combined is fucking huge. But our proximity to DC always ends up dicking us over.

The only thing I know about Maryland is Stacy Kiebler. That's enough for me to know it's my second favorite state.