MLS

Kaizero

:lol: This looks so rubbish being played in a baseball stadium.

Why are the goals like those you'd find down the leisure centre?

Pretty crazy how there are exactly 0 pro-standard football (both types) venues in the entirety of New York City. They could play at the Meadowlands, but that'd defeat the purpose of being "NYC's team," apparently.

But yeah, crap having to play it in a baseball park.

Minnesota expected to be announced as the next MLS expansion franchise (after Atlanta, LAFC, and Miami, if they get their stadium sorted).

Sacramento pushing forward with plans to build a downtown stadium and make their own bid.

Miami, as with most everything Miami, will be a gilded turd. Glitz and glamour amounting to fuck all. Massive, presumably soccer-following Latino population that won't give a single fuck about the team.

Sacramento has potential to be the new Portland Timbers, small-ish market with rabid support. Really like the idea of a downtown stadium, would fit in nicely with the city's revitalization effort.

Atlanta will be playing in Arthur Blank's love child stadium, so it has that going against it. Because Garber's perfectly willing to buck his own "you must build a soccer-specific stadium before I give you a franchise" mandate when enough money comes down the pipeline. And Atlanta really isn't a sports town, at all.

I really have no idea about Minneapolis. Apparently they have a fairly sizable soccer fan population. Doesn't seem like Minnesota United pulls the same kind of lower division support that Orlando, Seattle, and Portland had before they made the jump to MLS.

Minneapolis has a ton of other economic growth factors to feel good about what's driving the MLS bid and thinking. Downtown Minneapolis has transformed and is only getting better. It's a major growth market for Upper Midwest.

SacTown is an Orlando situation with Downtown stadium, all good.

Miami is a shit fucking idea and I hate it, like all Miami teams that have awful sporting support and loyalty.

I think ATL will be OK, there is a ton of money going into this development and the younger professional crowd in ATL continues to grow, i think it'll be an OK team.

Having two teams in the bay area and none being San Francisco is a bit of a joke. Minneapolis is a good call though, would like to see St. Louis and Detroit fill out the midwest eventually, but only STL is actually likely.

Yeah I know, but the name recognition of San Francisco, no one gives a s*** about San Jose.

Name recognition of SF 49ers and they are straight up in Santa Clara too though. These outskirt teams make sense in major markets given the densely populated and developed major cities.

Btw, Wahl says Ronaldo's current plan is to come to MLS in 2018 after his contract runs out. Would be nice.

What is truly annoying about that is that he'll go to like NYCFC, LA, or Miami. :lol: