MLS

Kaizero

Can't believe there were games this past weekend. Red Bulls had five guys on international duty.

They missed Henry through injury too. I watched a bit of the game, completely played for the draw the whole way through.

I purchased MLS Directkick or whatever it is, really enjoying my Saturday's with it now.

Can't blame them though.

Been trying to get into MLS more. I live 20 minutes form Red Bull Arena, but still haven't seen a game there.

I'm going out there in June, hoping to catch a game.

Guest Heneage

I'm a bit annoyed Eric Hassli got himself sent off last match as he was showing good early promise for VC.

Can't believe there were games this past weekend. Red Bulls had five guys on international duty.

They missed Henry through injury too. I watched a bit of the game, completely played for the draw the whole way through.

I purchased MLS Directkick or whatever it is, really enjoying my Saturday's with it now.

How did the Crew look?

Boring, no creativity. I think you could put it down to the Red Bulls style though, they did well with what they had.

Sounds about right. Schelotto was our creativity. Someone has to step up this year, and I'm really not sure who it's going to be. I hoped Rogers and Ekpo would play a bit like Bale and Lennon, swapping wings etc, but Rogers didn't even start in the first game.

I thought Galaxy's keeper looked dodgy against the Sounders a few weeks ago. Now I'm convinced he's crap.

Saunders is shit, but when Ricketts returns from injury Galaxy will have the best keeper in the MLS once more.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He was terrible against RSL. Making really basic errors, like 'kids in the park' decisions that just left me baffled.

He was terrible against RSL. Making really basic errors, like 'kids in the park' decisions that just left me baffled.

It should baffle you, he's really really terrible. I don't understand why Galaxy didn't draft in a keeper considering just how terrible Saunders is, knowing Ricketts would be out for a while. :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

They must have better keepers than him. Even if it was just a random guy walking around LA. "Dude, stop this ball going over this line for 90mins, please."

Guest toonarmymia

The president of KC tweeted it. I assume he wasn't kidding!

could be the beginnings of a NUFC tour (including Columbus Crew). would be also up for Kansas

Did anyone catch the Ocho Cinco KC nonsense? Watched the reserves tryout online today

Guest toonarmymia

I didn't. How'd he do?

Hopefully NUFC come east coast. Pleaseeee.

slow, one footed at best on the ball, and worse than Jonas at crossing

Guest Heneage

He looked steady his technique was decent but not perfect he looked a little tense. Seems a nice chap and I think this was really a bit of a mini PR Stunt for Kansas to open up some new markets.

Guest toonarmymia

He looked steady his technique was decent but not perfect he looked a little tense. Seems a nice chap and I think this was really a bit of a mini PR Stunt for Kansas to open up some new markets.

a bigger PR stunt than anything else. it drew over 3000 viewers, which some tweeted was more than most Dallas FC home games last season. so not bad coverage for a reserve game.

Guest Heneage

In some ways from a Football perspective though it's given some of the games detractors a good lesson. This is not some game purely for small girls and a high school alternative to Basketball, it takes real talent play this game even at a level like MLS. I find it so naive when you see American sports fans cite Soccer as a soft sport or not physical because once they saw some dude dive or roll around.

Guest toonarmymia

In some ways from a Football perspective though it's given some of the games detractors a good lesson. This is not some game purely for small girls and a high school alternative to Basketball, it takes real talent play this game even at a level like MLS. I find it so naive when you see American sports fans cite Soccer as a soft sport or not physical because once they saw some dude dive or roll around.

Some of my American Newcastle friends said a similar thing. Didnt want him to succeed as it would reinforce the American stereotype about how easy football is. the diving, rolling around thing is driven by the likes of Italian / South American football and hence why Premier League has gained so much popularity out here

I hope they play other places besides KC. I am not going out there, but would love a west coast appearance.

FAO Cubaricho and any other Pacific North-West based supporters (ToonCanuck?). A few friends and I will be at the Timbers v Seattle game on July 10th if anyone is interested in a Toon Army west coast piss up in Portland before the game. Should be a good atmosphere.

Only lost one nil. Surprised tbh.

Vancouver managed to come back from 3-0 down at home to KC, with their second goal coming in the 92nd minute and their third coming in the 93rd minute!