Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

It's a great deal. Everyone win, fair play to Ashley for this.

I'm on the 10 year deal but I'm happy to see the stadium fill up with those who'd love to go but have felt priced out. If they buy the odd drink/ pie in the ground Ashley will be delighted.

He may have been if the previous administration hadn't sold the long term catering franchise before he arrived, for an up front payment which ended up God knows where. NUFC have not seen any of the match day catering revenues since then but I believe that contract ends this season so your point will be a good one from next season onwards.

I always wondered if the "pie boycotters" of the time realised this.

I think you will find the deal with Sodexo was signed in November 2008.

Ashley bought the club in May 2007.

I stand corrected if that is true. I was told by someone who should know that the deal was concluded by and the money went to the previous ownership.

http://uk.sodexo.com/uken/media-centre/releases-2008/newcastle-prestige.asp

Does that not mean however that current match day catering sales do not directly benefit the club or are the sales/profits somehow shared between the catering company and the club?

I was led to believe that we did not currently benefit from catering revenues, although of course healthy sales would increase the price of any similar deal in the future.

Guest The_Optimistic

Actually on reflection I'm a bit angry, I've been a season ticket holder since I was 9 and paid full bucks every year and now I'm being kicked in the teeth. Does anyone else feel the same??

Would be nice if we got some free beer tokens or something?

Actually on reflection I'm a bit angry, I've been a season ticket holder since I was 9 and paid full bucks every year and now I'm being kicked in the teeth. Does anyone else feel the same??

Would you prefer empty seats?

Guest The_Optimistic

You're right I would like to see a full house, there is nothing better.  But it would be a good gesture to give something back to the loyal fans who bought the tickets at the start of the season who are losing out here.  Even just 3-4 beer tokens or discount at the club shop?

Would you prefer empty seats?

I'd prefer everyone paying the same :lol:

It may well be that the club do something to show appreciation to those who stump up every year, but come on they have made a brave move and one which should be applauded. Various supporters groups throughout the game have asked top clubs to help make it more affordable during tough times and we have responded. I hope they are rewarded with a full and rocking stadium.

Making the tickets available only to existing season ticket holders was a smart move, as making them generally available would have been unfair to those of us who paid in full, but of course they will, kind of, be available to everyone anyway.

Guest The_Optimistic

i'm not sure how anyone's losing out?

Well I've bought a season ticket where the ticket per game is £24-25 a ticket now people can but one now @ £15 per game.

I do approve of this plan and it would be fantastic to see the ground full again, but it would be nice to get something in return.

As the day goes on I'm getting further and further pissed off by this!!! I paid £508 (I think with the championship 10% discount) which equates to approx. £27 per game. This new deal is giving people the chance to buy a ST for £207 for the fourteen remaining games, including Chelsea, both Manchester teams, Liverpool and Sunderland!!! Tickets for these games alone would cost between £175 - £200. I just think it's a bit of a kick in the balls for those of us who have signed up to the 10 year deal and parted with the full whack.

And before anyone says anything yes I'd love to see the ground full but it just doesn't seem fair almost??!?!

As a season ticket holder I'm a little miffed, not at what they have done (as it's class to be fair) but at how they are rewarding loyalty for those who've paid full whack. 

My mate said if current season ticket holders where offered free cup games as a bit of compensation...or even discounted cup games then it'd be a bit fairer.

Anyhow, I digress.

When I was a youngin my parents couldnt afford to get me a season ticket even though I constantly bugged them about it but being on a tight budget it just wasn't feesable at the prices for my family. 

If this deal enables more kids and adults who are not so well off (with the current state of unemployment and low income in our area) to be able to afford £500 as aposed to £200 then I'm all for it.

People complaining on here missing the point... Only they can buy the season tickets at this discounted price... No one else... Great deal all round... Just got to do your own negotiating with whoever you buy the ticket for...

People complaining on here missing the point... Only they can buy the season tickets at this discounted price... No one else... Great deal all round... Just got to do your own negotiating with whoever you buy the ticket for...

:thup: