Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

So is there a get out clause on season tickets if we get relegated? Thought not.

I'm more likely to use mine if we get relegated and have a new manager than I am staying up and keeping the coward.

My thoughts exactly, as long as Pardew's not there I will be.

I've already started paying for my st. If we do go down or stay up and keep Pardew I'll cancel it and lose  100 odd quid. I'll save myself a season of f***ing misery.

I'm paying for mine so will force one of my kid to use it, I'll use it as a punishment.

"You'll be spending the afternoon visiting your Uncle Alan"

Can't we go see Uncal mick? At least all he does is touch us.

I remember the old saying, managers, players and directors come and go but the fans are there for life.

Not with a lot of the modern day, cowardly type supporters that claim to support NUFC these days it would seem.

I can't stand Pardew but I love NUFC more than I dislike him so he certainly won't be stopping me from watching my team next season should he still be here.

I remember the old saying, managers, players and directors come and go but the fans are there for life.

Not with a lot of the modern day, cowardly type supporters that claim to support NUFC these days it would seem.

I can't stand Pardew but I love NUFC more than I dislike him so he certainly won't be stopping me from watching my team next season should he still be here.

Super fan :thup:

Not a super fan. Just an ordinary supporter that won't stop going to watch his team because he's not keen on the manager. Clearly an alien concept to yourself.

I was thinking about this 'nufc for lifez!' attitude yesterday. I've had my  season ticket for 8 years but if we go down/pardew stays I'll seriously consider giving it up. I'm told by 'elders' that there's been much worse than this. Well, not sure how that helps my decision.

Best way I could describe it is, I love the wife. However, if she was a cunt all the time, brought no enjoyment to my life, continually made me miserable, then I'd be off like a shot. Why should NUFC be different? I watch football for enjoyment, something to look forward too. As it stands, the only thing to look forward to is the beer and I really cant see that changing anytime soon.

I was thinking about this 'nufc for lifez!' attitude yesterday. I've had my  season ticket for 8 years but if we go down/pardew stays I'll seriously consider giving it up. I'm told by 'elders' that there's been much worse than this. Well, not sure how that helps my decision.

Best way I could describe it is, I love the wife. However, if she was a c*** all the time, brought no enjoyment to my life, continually made me miserable, then I'd be off like a shot. Why should NUFC be different? I watch football for enjoyment, something to look forward too. As it stands, the only thing to look forward to is the beer and I really cant see that changing anytime soon.

If you don't enjoy it then stop going. Then, when things pick up again you can come crawling back and pretend that you've never been away like one or two who I know who packed in during the Championship season only to come scuttling back last season when we were playing well.

Best way I could describe it is, I love the wife. However, if she was a c*** all the time, brought no enjoyment to my life, continually made me miserable, then I'd be off like a shot. Why should NUFC be different? I watch football for enjoyment, something to look forward too. As it stands, the only thing to look forward to is the beer and I really cant see that changing anytime soon.

If you don't enjoy it then stop going. Then, when things pick up again you can come crawling back and pretend that you've never been away like one or two who I know who packed in during the Championship season only to come scuttling back last season when we were playing well.

Well, I will. Thats exactly what I said in my post.

You know, you dont get any brownie points for still going when others dont. Your attitude is a condecending one and i'm really not sure where it will get you.

Not a super fan. Just an ordinary supporter that won't stop going to watch his team because he's not keen on the manager. Clearly an alien concept to yourself.

'not keen' :lol:

The bloke is dragging us into the championship through his incompetence, I quite simply will not be party to it continuing any further and the only form of protest Ashley cares about is witholding cash. If you want to support NUFC becoming a shadow of it's former self just because you've got nothing else to do on a Saturday, that's your prerogative.

The bloke is dragging us into the championship through his incompetence, I quite simply will not be party to it continuing any further and the only form of protest Ashley cares about is witholding cash. If you want to support NUFC becoming a shadow of it's former self just because you've got nothing else to do on a Saturday, that's your prerogative.

I will thanks very much. Meanwhile you can come back out from under your rock when things pick up again. For what it's worth I agree with you about Pardew, but I support the club rather than one individual. I'll still be there long after he's gone.

I will thanks very much. Meanwhile you can come back out from under your rock when things pick up again. For what it's worth I agree with you about Pardew, but I support the club rather than one individual. I'll still be there long after he's gone.

Twice you've said this now. 'When things pick up', 'come crawling back'  to what exactly?  :lol:  The free flowing football we've been treated to over the past decade? All the cups we keep winning? The Champions league football we play?  What are they coming back to exactly?

Shows how bad things are when you have folk who are seriously considering turning in their season tickets. This will not be going un-noticed, regardless of what happens. Respect to those that do decide to do it. :thup:

Twice you've said this now. 'When things pick up', 'come crawling back'  to what exactly?  :lol:  The free flowing football we've been treated to over the past decade? All the cups we keep winning? The Champions league football we play?  What are they coming back to exactly?

We played some good football last season which saw the crowds rise and we've witness Champions League football which only fans from a handful of other English clubs can say.

Of course, if we're not successful enough for you, you could always go and follow Man Utd or like.

:lol:

You're easily pleased!

You're easily pleased!

Actually, I was thinking the same about you.

You're easily pleased!

Actually, I was thinking the same about you.

Not at all. It's been a totally depressing season but if everyone packed it in because of that we wouldn't have a club to watch.

Thankfully people on here are in the minority and don't reflect on the support overall.

I have given up my Season Ticket partly because of Pardew. It's been costing me over £40 per month where I have to trail to Newcastle every other week, sit for two hours and be unentertained, and come away so pissed off it ruins the rest of my weekend. I can't really afford it anymore, but if I was actually enjoying being there then I'd still be finding the cash from somewhere.

Just completely lost all 'spark' for football this year - it's like their is no passion in this club anymore.

Not at all. It's been a totally depressing season but if everyone packed it in because of that we wouldn't have a club to watch.

Thankfully people on here are in the minority and don't reflect on the support overall.

Of course people in here are the minority, is that even relevant or in dispute?

Just because you will go back next season, no matter what, doesn't mean that everybody should.  If Pardew is still here I don't think I'll go but I could change my mind over the next few months.

I don't have to justify that stance to anybody but myself.  When the time comes I'll make a decision and I'll be comfortable with it.  I'll be comfortable with it in the knowledge that I've seen this club relegated 3 times to date and kept on going to watch them and will watch them next season if we are relegated and not managed by Pardew.  I'm unlikely to go if he's still here, no matter which division we're in.

I have given up my Season Ticket partly because of Pardew. It's been costing me over £40 per month where I have to trail to Newcastle every other week, sit for two hours and be unentertained, and come away so p*ssed off it ruins the rest of my weekend. I can't really afford it anymore, but if I was actually enjoying being there then I'd still be finding the cash from somewhere.

Just completely lost all 'spark' for football this year - it's like their is no passion in this club anymore.

The money doesn't come into it for me, it's the waste of time which could have spent doing something more worthwhile that tips me over the edge.

I'll stay under my rock until Pardew's gone, whether they pick up or not. I support the club as well, I guess we just have different views on what it involves. Fwiw your brand of support is what Ashley's model is built on, you know the model that's already seen us relegated and looks like doing it a second time? We'll all be here after Ashley's gone as well as Pardew, if Ashley can't see that Pardew's leading us to oblivion then I want him gone immediately, and giving him money contradicts that position.

Look, I really don't want to criticise people for going to the match because that's not my intention at all, and I feel like my first post came across a bit heavy handed for which I apologise. However, there's issues here at a deeper level that won't ever be resolved unless people vote with their wallets, imo.