SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest toonlass

There is also the fact of Zog himself, would he want to return here ?

Because he is a mercenary and goes where the money is.

If we signed Zoggy we'd only need to sign one striker since we could play 4-3-3 with them and play Barton through the center. Zoggy and HBA on the flanks with a target man.

The problem is, we won't sign him.

Barton* would actually move a lot out wide, just like he does nowadays.

There is also the fact of Zog himself, would he want to return here ?

Because he is a mercenary and goes where the money is.

Is he? He left Newcastle for Wigan. Hardly a mercenary move.

No point coming here if he wants money :lol:

I'm just not sure he was that happy here the first time around, as soon as we signed Jonas and there was competition for his starting place he seemed to go in a huff.

Personally I'd take him back, what's done is done and I want what's best for Newcastle. We need another winger, he's good and likely available. If Wigan go down, which looks likely, we could get him for less than we paid.

The problem might be the effect it could have on squad morale. We finally seem to have players that are a unit and happy together, and some of the longer established amongst them might harbour a grudge against N'Zogbia for the way he left. For that reason alone, it might be worth looking elsewhere.

I'm just not sure he was that happy here the first time around, as soon as we signed Jonas and there was competition for his starting place he seemed to go in a huff.

???

Wasn't it signing Duff that screwed him up? Did he even play in the same squad as Jonas?

???

Wasn't it signing Duff that screwed him up? Did he even play in the same squad as Jonas?

fkn hell.. aye my bad it was Duff

If we signed Zoggy we'd only need to sign one striker since we could play 4-3-3 with them and play Barton through the center. Zoggy and HBA on the flanks with a target man.

This is how I would imagine it working if we were to go for him. He's not an pure wide player any more, he's been doing the business in-field or off a front man. Would be stupid to sign him with a view to moving him out of what is clearly his most effective position.

Tiote

Barton      Nolan

N'Zogbia    Ben Arfa

JoeStriker

Or some shit.

I don't see how he'd want to return to us at all. The whole time he's always been about wanting to be at some mega-club but nothing has come his way, I don't see his mind having been suddenly changed...

His attitude is awful.

This is how I would imagine it working if we were to go for him. He's not an pure wide player any more, he's been doing the business in-field or off a front man. Would be stupid to sign him with a view to moving him out of what is clearly his most effective position.

Tiote

Barton      Nolan

N'Zogbia    Ben Arfa

JoeStriker

Or some shit.

It might sound stupid, but i want to change Nolan with Jonas i that formation. Never going to happen right?

Guest BooBoo

Aren't Zoggy and HBA both highly left-sided though, I'd be worried we would lack width under that system and the game would become too congested.

Hasn't Pards hinted that he sees HBA as more of a traditional number 10 as opposed to a wide man?

Aren't Zoggy and HBA both highly left-sided though, I'd be worried we would lack width under that system and the game would become too congested.

Hasn't Pards hinted that he sees HBA as more of a traditional number 10 as opposed to a wide man?

And N'Zogbia hasn't played wide left regularly for over two years.

Guest BooBoo

It would certainly piss the mackems off considering when he left the field at the SOL recentrly they gave him a standing ovation whilst chanting "Brucie, Brucie sign him up!"

The problem is, we won't sign him.

Barton* would actually move a lot out wide, just like he does nowadays.

aye, because we only need one good striker at the club

Looking past his history with us, he'd be the perfect signing. But I personally can't look past his history with us. i'll just be waiting for the first seasont o be over and him talking about how he can get a bigger move. I don't have the confidence that he's grown up and realised he's not getting that move to Arsenal, Barca or whatever the fuck he wants now.

Yeah, I think so, was just responding to the formation posted with the 4-3-3.