SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest BooBoo

Pressure on Marveaux to be a hit really.

Very much so. Huge gamble too considering he's not kicked a ball since last November.

10m bid from Villa. I think it's pretty obvious behind all the waffle about signing on fees and agent fees that the board were never going to splash out properly this window and are doing things on the cheap. Frustrating because we're in a really good position to push on properly. If we don't get another really quality striker in don't cover Enrique fully when the inevitable finally happens it will have been a disappointing window given the funds that were available.

N'Zogbia would have been nice, but we've still got Jonas, Marveaux, Ferguson, Ben Arfa & Barton who can play the same positions N'Zogbia would have done. Main thing is, and always was after getting Marveaux, is a striker.

Agreed. Although it would have been nice to see the Zog in black and white again, there's other positions that need to be strengthened first. If £13-14 mill could tempt Chelsea to depart with Sturridge.  I'd rather see that happening than than us using  £9 mill on Zog and a similar, or probably less sum on a striker. Not that I believe Chelsea will sell him for that price, but the owner is an unstable fuck who's capable of doing strange things .Sturridge and that dude from Crystal Palace would have been great :fwap:

Even though it would be amazing I think there's more chance of me waking up with a full head of hair again than us making any attempts at Sturridge. No chance with the transfer fee and potential wages, that's just the way it's going to be this board for the time being atleast. Defo agree that other areas such as striker and defence are possibly more important than midfield.

I think it's pretty obvious behind all the waffle about signing on fees and agent fees that the board were never going to splash out properly this window and are doing things on the cheap. Frustrating because we're in a really good position to push on properly. If we don't get another really quality striker in don't cover Enrique fully when the inevitable finally happens it will have been a disappointing window given the funds that were available.

Football fans are funny, really.

If you read our forums, our lot are slashing their wrists over transfers in the same way you are, except a lot of them see you as having done good business this summer.

Transfer windows really do bring out all the paranoias we have.

I wouldn't count on it. Couple of false bids on deadline day, £10 for kaka, £3.50 for rooney, 'hey, at least we tried!' Then it's whatever unfit, not had a pre-season and likely to get injured free agents are not signed up joining on 1st of sept

I wouldn't count on it. Couple of false bids on deadline day, £10 for kaka, £3.50 for rooney, 'hey, at least we tried!' Then it's whatever unfit, not had a pre-season and likely to get injured free agents are not signed up joining on 1st of sept

Fair enough like, but im fairly confident we'll get two more in.

I think it's pretty obvious behind all the waffle about signing on fees and agent fees that the board were never going to splash out properly this window and are doing things on the cheap. Frustrating because we're in a really good position to push on properly. If we don't get another really quality striker in don't cover Enrique fully when the inevitable finally happens it will have been a disappointing window given the funds that were available.

Football fans are funny, really.

If you read our forums, our lot are slashing their wrists over transfers in the same way you are, except a lot of them see you as having done good business this summer.

Transfer windows really do bring out all the paranoias we have.

Totally, we just need to relax, we've done some good business and there's probably another couple of players to come.

Just looking forward to the start of the games now, so we've got something else to talk about.

Every transfer window is a pit of despair and torture,  everyone just needs to chill bar a couple of clubs everyone is keeping their powder dry for the inevitable final week of the window madness.

Guest johnson293

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

My spies tell me @CharlesNzo wd prefer to sign for #safc than #avfc but Black Cats haven't made a bid and he will have to lower wage demands

14 minutes ago

Even though it would be amazing I think there's more chance of me waking up with a full head of hair again than us making any attempts at Sturridge. No chance with the transfer fee and potential wages, that's just the way it's going to be this board for the time being atleast. Defo agree that other areas such as striker and defence are possibly more important than midfield.

:lol: . Yep, it's very unlikely that he will sign for us. But a lot can happen before the window shuts. It will be  nice to have the money on hand if he or a player of similar potential suddenly become available.

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

My spies tell me @CharlesNzo wd prefer to sign for #safc than #avfc but Black Cats haven't made a bid and he will have to lower wage demands

14 minutes ago

The voices in your head dont count as spies.

I think even if Sunderland do make a bid Villa will just blow them out of the water on wages. They'll have cleared the decks with Downing, Reo-Coker, Friedel, Young etc all out whereas Sunderland's wage bill has gone up massively and they need to actively lose players.

i'm not sure if the gloating will be bearable if he goes to them like

I wouldn't worry about it as there is as much chance of him going there as there is of Sunderland being declared European City of Culture 2011.

Guest johnson293

I wouldn't worry about it as there is as much chance of him going there as there is of Sunderland being declared European City of Culture 2011 Ever.

Fixed.  O0

I wouldn't worry about it as there is as much chance of him going there as there is of Sunderland being declared European City of Culture 2011.

Liverpool won it tbf.

seem to remember brummie saying there was more chance of him being appointed manager of villa than mcleish. i'm not worried about it but it seems possible, are villa really that much more an attractive proposition than the mackems? i cant see it. and one thing i know for certain is that if bruce needs any more motivation to go all out for him, then being seen to get one over on us will be ample.

seem to remember brummie saying there was more chance of him being appointed manager of villa than mcleish. i'm not worried about it but it seems possible, are villa really that much more an attractive proposition than the mackems? i cant see it. and one thing i know for certain is that if bruce needs any more motivation to go all out for him, then being seen to get one over on us will be ample.

Ask Darren Bent.

Oh, and thanks for dragging up the McLeish thing I said

*slits wrists vertically, horizontally, diagonally*