SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

If we get him on a free next summer , Ashley will do the biggest ever :troll: face to Whelan.

I think we'll find it very hard to compete with other clubs if he is available on a 'free', especially when you consider the fact that European clubs will be able to open negotiations in January.

Nailed on to be Villa now. Pity.

People have been saying this for weeks, but I still don't see why it's such a given. Villa seem like a club in decline to me, I'm not so sure Zoggy would be keen to go there. They had enough money to buy him after selling Young anyway, I suppose.

People have been saying this for weeks, but I still don't see why it's such a given. Villa seem like a club in decline to me, I'm not so sure Zoggy would be keen to go there. They had enough money to buy him after selling Young anyway, I suppose.

In decline in what way?

We've sold a player we knew was going all year, and to the champions, and we've sold one who threw tantrums about getting his move. So long as we reinvest wisely, we'll be absolutely fine.

We've also started shedding a lot of the utter, utter dross that MON left us with, so whilst I'd say decline is somewhat over the top, consoldiation makes more sense.

In decline in what way?

We've sold a player we knew was going all year, and to the champions, and we've sold one who threw tantrums about getting his move. So long as we reinvest wisely, we'll be absolutely fine.

We've also started shedding a lot of the utter, utter dross that MON left us with, so whilst I'd say decline is somewhat over the top, consoldiation makes more sense.

Happy to accept your opinion is more accurate than mine probably, I just mean that you've sold the two players who were absolutely key to your success. At least they seemed to be from an outsider's point of view.

In decline in what way?

Happy to accept your opinion is more accurate than mine probably, I just mean that you've sold the two players who were absolutely key to your success. At least they seemed to be from an outsider's point of view.

True, but, I repeat, one went to the champions (if Man United want your player, he goes, ask Spurs about that) for 17m with one year left on his contract, and one has submitted a transfer request to go to Liverpool.

It happens to all clubs, and it is unfuriating. Spurs will sell Modric, Liverpool sold Alonso, Torres and Mascherano, Arsenal will lose Fabregas and Nasri ... happens everywhere.

In decline in what way?

And also, there's the appointment of McLeish.

In decline in what way?

True, but, I repeat, one went to the champions (if Man United want your player, he goes, ask Spurs about that) for 17m with one year left on his contract, and one has submitted a transfer request to go to Liverpool.

It happens to all clubs, and it is unfuriating. Spurs will sell Modric, Liverpool sold Alonso, Torres and Mascherano, Arsenal will lose Fabregas and Nasri ... happens everywhere.

Ah yeah, totally, maybe club in decline was a wrong choice of words. 'Less attractive team than before' might have been better.

Obviously on a basic level it makes sense that Zoggy would be a target, but I'm hoping it's not as nailed-on as some people seem to be saying. Although I'm not sure if NUFC are even still interested anyway, we'll see.

In decline in what way?

Ah yeah, totally, maybe club in decline was a wrong choice of words. 'Less attractive team than before' might have been better.

Obviously on a basic level it makes sense that Zoggy would be a target, but I'm hoping it's not as nailed-on as some people seem to be saying. Although I'm not sure if NUFC are even still interested anyway, we'll see.

I would put this deal in the same bracket as the Neil Taylor one. We are interested if we can get a bargain deal, which is great if it comes off. The down side is that this approach allows other mediocre clubs to steal in and pinch the player from under our Scrooge-like noses. Swansea did it by competing harder for Taylor and there's always the opportunity for other clubs to compete harder for Zog.

Happy for us not to pay over the odds tbh.

In a time when we are desperately trying to get rid of Smith and his ludicrous wages I would have thought people would be more appreciative of sensible wages.

Lesser clubs may offer more than we are prepared to, is this because we are unambitious or is it because they are more desperate.

We have players on the books that make me pretty confident we are willing to pay what players are actually worth.  A couple seem to be saying "fuck me, we can't even afford to compete with Swansea for that player I hadn't ever heard of a few months ago" whilst seemingly ignoring the fact we have managed to sign Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux and Ben Arfa this year whilst extending Tiotes contract.