SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

To think the club just let the story run as a smoke screen to cover up other deals is a bit far fetched, you could say they let the rumour run in order to make fans think they were willing to spend money on top players, is that as far fetched?

I don't think those at the club who actually run things give a shite about rumours. I don't think there's any conspiracy theory to either a) mask other deals or b) pretend we're doing something. These things are part and parcel of football and happen at every club, we're no different.

I personally think we were after N'Zogbia until Marveaux signed then the deal was dead. No conspiracy, we just didn't need him anymore.

N'Zogbia would have been a much better signing.

What Ian Wuh said.

To think the club just let the story run as a smoke screen to cover up other deals is a bit far fetched, you could say they let the rumour run in order to make fans think they were willing to spend money on top players, is that as far fetched?

I don't think those at the club who actually run things give a shite about rumours. I don't think there's any conspiracy theory to either a) mask other deals or b) pretend we're doing something. These things are part and parcel of football and happen at every club, we're no different.

I personally think we were after N'Zogbia until Marveaux signed then the deal was dead. No conspiracy, we just didn't need him anymore.

N'Zogbia would have been a much better signing.

Cheers Mystic Meg.

If they were the same price it would be a fair comparison.

Hypothetically speaking...

Marveaux

Agent fee + Signing-on fee: £2 million

Three years wages at £35,000 a week: £5.5 million

= £7.5 million (for NUFC)

N'Zogbia

Transfer fee + sign-on and agent fees: £9 million

Just out of interest, who would you rather have, honestly?

Marveaux

N'Zogbia

Was N'Zogbia offering to play for free, save his signing on fee?

Marveaux

N'Zogbia

Given the choice with £35m in the bank... BOTH.. Routledge out, sign both players would make perfect sense

So we would be paying £2m to Marveaux and his agent, but Zoggy would only cost £9m including all fees?

I would rather have Zoggy anyway personally, as I've never seen Marv play, but what I'm saying is that the club might have decided to go for a cheaper/riskier option. And that's a valid strategy IMO, either because we can't afford the more expensive player or we decide the extra money would be better used elsewhere.

Marveaux

N'Zogbia

:lol:

fuck me and he complains about Pardew's spin.

Marveaux

N'Zogbia

9m including signing fee and agent fee is a tad bit low in expectation considering wigan want 9m themselves for the player

but what I'm saying is that the club might have decided to go for a cheaper/riskier option. And that's a valid strategy IMO, either because we can't afford the more expensive player or we decide the extra money would be better used elsewhere.

You're going too far with all this now.

but what I'm saying is that the club might have decided to go for a cheaper/riskier option. And that's a valid strategy IMO, either because we can't afford the more expensive player or we decide the extra money would be better used elsewhere.

It's just logical based on what I believe about our finances in the past and going forward. I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy some big signings, of course I would.

It's just logical based on what I believe about our finances in the past and going forward. I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy some big signings, of course I would.

The team is the priority. Signing N'Zogbia would more than likely pay for itself as he'd be a player who could get us into the top 8 this year. We shouldn't be going for the cheaper/riskier option unless it's the only option.

If we assume N'Zogbia would cost about twice as much overall, I think we'd be nearer the truth.

I'd still rather have him, but I can understand why the people actually making the decision might have decided otherwise.

Pity the people making the decisions get so many of the big ones wrong we got relegated because of them.

Weren't we told that our finances going forward was close to breaking even?

Guest Antec

If we were skint I wonder where Ben Arfa's transfer fee and wages came from

Whilst I understand this is a forum and it's all about discussing shite throughout the summer whilst nothing is happening, some of the overreactions in the last couple of pages are embarrassing. Feel like I'm in a Facebook group or something, which is a shame because hidden in the shocking drivel is some sensible people/posts.

And hes keeping them that way in the future by covering our future expenses (players wages) fully upfront using the Carroll Money. It is being reinvested back into the side, but the way they originally suggested it would be was misleading as usual.

The money is going towards stopping us from running at a loss, not largely towards transfers atm obviously. For someone whos known as a gambler, hes trying to play it as safe as possible. He isnt investing in players in the hope that their success will increase our future turnover via that success atall.

And hes keeping them that way in the future by covering our future expenses (players wages) fully upfront using the Carroll Money. It is being reinvested back into the side, but the way they originally suggested it would be was misleading as usual.

The money is going towards stopping us from running at a loss, not largely towards transfers atm obviously. For someone whos known as a gambler, hes trying to play it as safe as possible. He isnt investing in players in the hope that their success will increase our future turnover via that success atall.

3 years ago Ashley said that he was prepared to put up to £20 million a year into the club.  At that time his loans were £110 million, they are now just below £140 million so he still owes us £30 million.  :lol: