SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

i'm not sure if the gloating will be bearable if he goes to them like

I wouldn't worry about it as there is as much chance of him going there as there is of Sunderland being declared European City of Culture 2011.

seem to remember brummie saying there was more chance of him being appointed manager of villa than mcleish. i'm not worried about it but it seems possible, are villa really that much more an attractive proposition than the mackems? i cant see it. and one thing i know for certain is that if bruce needs any more motivation to go all out for him, then being seen to get one over on us will be ample.

Ask Darren Bent.

Oh, and thanks for dragging up the McLeish thing I said

*slits wrists vertically, horizontally, diagonally*

sorry mate, i'm not sure you lot are in as good shape as when bent signed

Think I would actually cry if N'Zogbia went to Sunderland.....

But logically speaking, if Villa are willing to match his wage demands, he's definitely off there imo.

I'll be green with envy when he goes to Villa though. True f*** up by Scrooge McAshley.

Same Skeletor :sadnod:

saving my judgement on this till i see how we play, and how the new players fit in, the next games.

I wouldn't worry about it as there is as much chance of him going there as there is of Sunderland being declared European City of Culture 2011.

seem to remember brummie saying there was more chance of him being appointed manager of villa than mcleish. i'm not worried about it but it seems possible, are villa really that much more an attractive proposition than the mackems? i cant see it. and one thing i know for certain is that if bruce needs any more motivation to go all out for him, then being seen to get one over on us will be ample.

Ask Darren Bent.

Of course we're not, it was the McLeish thing that got me going.

We've sold two players, one of whom we've known was going for months, and another of whom went yesterday. In fact, he stil hasn't actually signed.

So long as we replace them properly, we'll be fine.

I can't help thinking that Downing out for N'Zogbia and 10 million pounds in is a bit of a winner of a deal, though.

If we can then persuade Scott Parker to come and finish the Given deal, that makes:

Downing = Scott Parker + N'Zogbia + Shay Given.

I doubt anyone would suggest that is not a good result.

Still, let's see what happens. I wouldnt be surprised if we didn't get any of them and the whole thing went to tit.

Ask Darren Bent.

We've sold two players, one of whom we've known was going for months, and another of whom went yesterday. In fact, he stil hasn't actually signed.

I can't help thinking that Downing out for N'Zogbia and 10 million pounds in is a bit of a winner of a deal, though.

If we can then persuade Scott Parker to come and finish the Given deal, that makes:

Still, let's see what happens. I wouldnt be surprised if we didn't get any of them and the whole thing went to tit.

Let's hope eh? ;)

Ask Darren Bent.

yeah i'd swap n'zogbia for downing any day of the week, downing's always been over rated imo. i agree mostly with what you're saying in terms of the squad, but the elephant in the room is scottish, i'm not sure how fine you'll be.

Guest johnson293

Ask Darren Bent.

Hmmm, a team with those 3 players in.... where've I seen that before??

Guest CheickMansour

Was initially disappointed to hear this news as he would have obviously improved us. But, on the whole, we have enough players who can play on the wings. More importantly, we have enough quality to play there.

As mentioned earlier, it's far more important that we get in a good striker. I can accept missing out on Zoggy if we take that money and invest it in a quality pacy forward to compliment Ba.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Ask Darren Bent.

We sold them all on Ashley's watch.

And they would be good for  Villa - a team (who saw last season as a terrible disapointment) that still finished above us (who saw last season as a good one), despite the 5-1.

Ask Darren Bent.

And they would be good for  Villa - a team (who saw last season as a terrible disapointment) that still finished above us (who saw last season as a good one), despite the 5-1.

Wasn't it 6-0?

Guest TheSummerOf69

Ask Darren Bent.

Wasn't it 6-0?

Hee hee. Yes, sorry. 5-1 was against the Mackems so it sticks in my mind more!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

That 6-0 was amazingly good, like. Villa may have been easy to push over but I knew we'd be able to compete in this league after that day.

That would be humiliating if even Everton can afford him and we can't.

I think we can afford to match the spending of any club.

What we lack is the Ambition to take financial risk.

That would be humiliating if even Everton can afford him and we can't.

I think we can afford to match the spending of any club.

What we lack is the Ambition to take financial risk.

What's the weather like on your planet?

If ashley wanted to he could afford it, being a biilionaire- but dosent want to take risks, lacks ambition.