SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Wigan will see Villa got £20m so will feel they have every right to expect £15m or whatever from them.

Was Downing in the last year of his contract? If he wasn't then it's a totally different situation.

Guest TheSummerOf69

They know they can sell him on the last day of the window and will see how high the bidding goes before then. These sports shop magnates, eh?

Wigan will see Villa got £20m so will feel they have every right to expect £15m or whatever from them.

Was Downing in the last year of his contract? If he wasn't then it's a totally different situation.

No, Downing had two years left.

Whelan's ace at this, wringing every last penny out of a deal, but if he's going to arse around till the last day of the window, then we need to move on elsewhere.

Whelan's ace at this, wringing every last penny out of a deal, but if he's going to arse around till the last day of the window, then we need to move on elsewhere.

I think he should consider himself lucky if he gets £7-8m for Zog in the last year of his contract. He'll capitulate as it gets nearer the close of the window but it would serve him right if the deal fell through and Zog walked for free next season.

I think he should consider himself lucky if he gets £7-8m for Zog in the last year of his contract. He'll capitulate as it gets nearer the close of the window but it would serve him right if the deal fell through and Zog walked for free next season.

If it keeps them up again then it's job done. £8m as opposed to £40m?

Serve him right ffs.

If it keeps them up again then it's job done. £8m as opposed to £40m?

Serve him right ffs.

In that case he shouldn't be selling him at any price. Unless it's £40m.

Could Villa sign better than N'Zogbia for say, £12m?

Whelan and Martinez will do their utmost to keep him this season. No doubt it would have been one of the conditions of Martinez staying as manager.

He is an integral part of their side, and they need him to stay up.

Could Villa sign better than N'Zogbia for say, £12m?

That's not how it works when a play is in the final year of his contract as we have seen with Enrique. Wigan will need to replace N'Zogbia and as it gets closer to the close of the window the price would drop. Villa have shot their load early though and that means they will probably pay close enough to £10m. Nowhere near the £15m valuation you mentioned in the post I responded to though.

Whelan and Martinez will do their utmost to keep him this season. No doubt it would have been one of the conditions of Martinez staying as manager.

He is an integral part of their side, and they need him to stay up.

Seriously doubt that will be allowed, although you're right about the risk of relegation.

FWIW I think they might well go down anyway.

Can see Zoggy running down his contract signing us for free next summer. He gets a canny signing on fee, we get our player, Dave Whelan and Wigan are relegated.

:troll:

The ideal situation.

Villa just look like a Freddie Shepherd version of us a few years ago at this time, chucking daft money at any player of repute and offering silly contracts. Shay Given on a 5 year deal is just mad. I wonder who's going to pick up the tab when Randy Lerner fucks off? Or are Villa fans already picking up the tab through the club paying back the loan?

Guest BooBoo

Villa just look like a Freddie Shepherd version of us a few years ago at this time, chucking daft money at any player of repute and offering silly contracts. Shay Given on a 5 year deal is just mad. I wonder who's going to pick up the tab when Randy Lerner fucks off? Or are Villa fans already picking up the tab through the club paying back the loan?

We're all very much focussed too much on contracts and wages these days. I'm a football fan and whilst I dont want the club going bust, I have little real interest in footballers' contracts. Villa have got themselves a very good keeper and that's all they should be interested in. I dont think many Villa fans will be furrowing their brows and complaining about the length of the deal.

The Ashley regime has done this to us, too much emphasis on resale value, ooh-he's-a-bit-old and wages. Who cares? Let's just try and get some good players at the club.

Villa just look like a Freddie Shepherd version of us a few years ago at this time, chucking daft money at any player of repute and offering silly contracts. Shay Given on a 5 year deal is just mad. I wonder who's going to pick up the tab when Randy Lerner f***s off? Or are Villa fans already picking up the tab through the club paying back the loan?

We're all very much focussed too much on contracts and wages these days. I'm a football fan and whilst I dont want the club going bust, I have little real interest in footballers' contracts. Villa have got themselves a very good keeper and that's all they should be interested in. I dont think many Villa fans will be furrowing their brows and complaining about the length of the deal.

The Ashley regime has done this to us, too much emphasis on resale value, ooh-he's-a-bit-old and wages. Who cares? Let's just try and get some good players at the club.

for me it was leeds that done it, then seeing the way we were going. villa have someone willing to pay the bills, for now, but i won't be stamping my foot like a spoilt child wanting someone else to spend more of their own cash.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Top summer target Charles N'Zogbia wants #SAFC move, says close pal Titus. journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news… #avfc

Yawn & :lol: same close pal that said he wanted Toon move ?

Guest TheSummerOf69

for me it was leeds that done it, then seeing the way we were going. villa have someone willing to pay the bills, for now, but i won't be stamping my foot like a spoilt child wanting someone else to spend more of their own cash.

I agree. I'm happy for Ashley to keep his 20m a season after the abuse he got, as long as he doesn't take any money out of the club for himself - much less hundreds of millions like the Halls and Shepherds did.

However, I'm not happy at us having to pay for his expensive mistakes.

I agree. I'm happy for Ashley to keep his 20m a season after the abuse he got, as long as he doesn't take any money out of the club for himself - much less hundreds of millions like the Halls and Shepherds did.

However, I'm not happy at us having to pay for his expensive mistakes.

You have to live in the real world though. Obviously when the owner of a club makes a mistake the club suffers... just like a manager or a player.