SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

I'm disappointed and badly annoyed that we're not getting him, but again we shouldn't be determining the success or failure of our entire transfer window based on whether or not we sign Charles N'Zogbia.

I want to see if they agree personal terms.  I won't believe this deal is done until I see him in a Villa kit.  If I was a gambling man, I'd bet he doesn't agree terms.

Why would they not?

I want to see if they agree personal terms.  I won't believe this deal is done until I see him in a Villa kit.  If I was a gambling man, I'd bet he doesn't agree terms.

Why would they not?

Didn't CNZ agree to join Birmingham then ask for another 10k a week at the last moment?

Mind you he probably saw some of the drooling retards he'd be playing with and decided he needed extra compensation.

I think Villa are going to be shit anyway.

McLeish will be a terrible.

When he came, I was despondent and convinced we were doomed.

Now I think he'll do ok.

:lol:

Did I sound convincing?

It wouldn't have been a sure-fire thing by any stretch of the imagination. The excess baggage is huge. A lot of the dressing room that he fell out with the first time around is still here.

Could just as easily have come here and gone back into Insomnia-mode because he wasn't being started ahead of Jonas/Ben Arfa/Marveaux for whatever reason.

I suppose it's pointless speculating now.

Why would they not?

I think he's going to be hard to sign.  I think he's a good bet to overplay his hand and ask for too much.

Turned down McLeish before but i think Villa are certainly more attractive than Birmingham.

He will join them but like i said i'm just glad he's not going to Spurs, Liverpool or dare i say..... the scum.

To think Dogleash paid double that for Downing, what a tit.

Turned down McLeish before but i think Villa are certainly more attractive than Birmingham.

He will join them but like i said i'm just glad he's not going to Spurs, Liverpool or dare i say..... the scum.

Still cannit understand that at all, like.

Still cannit understand that at all, like.

Downing has been brought in specifically feed Carroll IMO, whereas Zoggy is a more of a player who wants to go for glory and win games himself. Probably wouldnt have worked as well him going to Liverpool.

I'd rather have Zoggy for his price than Downing mind.

Gutted if he ends up at Villa. For £9.5m it's good business. Yes it's probably too much for last year of contract, but it would be worth it.

For me the key things about N'Zogbia is that he is at a good age, he brings pace, skill and that direct attacking running that we really need in depth. He has goals in him as well and he wants to play for us. For me these are huge things, the chances of getting a player of similar ability or better for less money is highly unlikely.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110725_222618_n-zogbia-le-plus-dur-est-fait.html

Rougly translated, N'Zogbia says though it's not done yet it should go through in the next few days. Says it's a good move for him to join a club going for the top six and even if the likes of Liverpool or Arsenal come in late he'll be going to Villa because in the last few weeks they've done a lot for him. Cites Bent and Agbonlahor as good players he'll be joining. Says it's a good challenge for him and he was always intending to leave this summer rather than see out his contract because it's what is best for everyone including Wigan.

'Going for the top six'.  It is a step up for N'Zogbia, wouldn't go as far as to call it a good move.  He's basically one rung below where he should want to be at this stage in his career.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110725_222618_n-zogbia-le-plus-dur-est-fait.html

Rougly translated, N'Zogbia says though it's not done yet it should go through in the next few days. Says it's a good move for him to join a club going for the top six and even if the likes of Liverpool or Arsenal come in late he'll be going to Villa because in the last few weeks they've done a lot for him. Cites Bent and Agbonlahor as good players he'll be joining. Says it's a good challenge for him and he was always intending to leave this summer rather than see out his contract because it's what is best for everyone including Wigan.

:whistle:

'Going for the top six'.  It is a step up for N'Zogbia, wouldn't go as far as to call it a good move.  He's basically one rung below where he should want to be at this stage in his career.

He's a couple of rungs below IMO. He could play for anyone in the league.