Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1338482/Premier-League-dream-Mexican-Guillermo-Ochoa-despite-Fulham-snub.html

Mexico's second keeper, he's a free transfer in the summer, would provide competition for Harper, would also mean that we could loan out both Krul and Forster for the next couple of seasons, as neither are near premiership quality yet (Good shot stopping but both have poor distribution).

He was class a couple of years ago. Was the next big thing in Mexican football when I lived in Mexico 5 years ago. Don't know how good he is now thogha dn as you said he's only 2nd goalkeeper in mexio.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1338482/Premier-League-dream-Mexican-Guillermo-Ochoa-despite-Fulham-snub.html

Mexico's second keeper, he's a free transfer in the summer, would provide competition for Harper, would also mean that we could loan out both Krul and Forster for the next couple of seasons, as neither are near premiership quality yet (Good shot stopping but both have poor distribution).

We don't need to look at goalkeepers. Harper is for once playing very well even though I feel he could've done better for Boltons goal in the weekend as he took time to move his leg, but then again I'm not sure. We have two young players who have done really well when playing. Krul seems to lack experience but is a very good shotstopper and Forster has apparently been playing well for Celtic. We have other areas where we should aim to strenghten in the summer.

CB to partner Colo.

Backup fullbacks

Winger

Two strikers

and possibly another DM if we're able to get rid of A.Smith.

We don't need to look at goalkeepers. Harper is for once playing very well even though I feel he could've done better for Boltons goal in the weekend as he took time to move his leg, but then again I'm not sure. We have two young players who have done really well when playing. Krul seems to lack experience but is a very good shotstopper and Forster has apparently been playing well for Celtic. We have other areas where we should aim to strenghten in the summer.

CB to partner Colo.

Backup fullbacks

Winger

Two strikers

To be fair, I think Ochoa was suggested as he will be available on a free.

CB to partner Colo.

Backup fullbacks

Winger

Two strikers

To be fair, I think Ochoa was suggested as he will be available on a free.

To be fair to you I understood that, but I think people underestimate the salaries and amount of money the Mexican league has. The reason very few players leave Mexico is because they earn more there than in many leagues across Europe. He is certainly one of the higher paid players and would look at a similar wage/salary as well as a signing on fee. Meaning he wouldn't be free at all except if he really wanted to come to Europe.

The Mexican league is one of the richest in the world and I think Ochoa makes around £30k a week (I would imagine not sure though) or something which is a lot for a 'back-up' goalie.

He was class a couple of years ago. Was the next big thing in Mexican football when I lived in Mexico 5 years ago. Don't know how good he is now thogha dn as you said he's only 2nd goalkeeper in mexio.

He was quite the opposite right before the World Cup.  He was first choice for some time, leading them through the qualifiers, but in the weeks before the WC he got benched in favor of the older goalkeeper.  It was weird watching all of the ads during the WC featuring Ochoa, even though he was "second choice"

To be fair to you I understood that, but I think people underestimate the salaries and amount of money the Mexican league has. The reason very few players leave Mexico is because they earn more there than in many leagues across Europe. He is certainly one of the higher paid players and would look at a similar wage/salary as well as a signing on fee. Meaning he wouldn't be free at all except if he really wanted to come to Europe.

The Mexican league is one of the richest in the world and I think Ochoa makes around £30k a week (I would imagine not sure though) or something which is a lot for a 'back-up' goalie.

We never really replaced Given, so another 30k on GK should be reasonable (Considering Routledge is on 20k). Especially as it'd mean that Krul and Forster would both be able to get playing time. I'm still optimistic towards getting Europe next season with a little luck, if that's the case I think we would need 2 competent keepers, you only need to look at Arsenal to see why.

Don't know about Forster, he might be ready. How is he doing at Celtic?

I was reading their forums a while back to see what they thought of him and saw a little of him play against Rangers recently. The Celtic fans seem to think he's a good prospect, but nowhere near the finished article. Good shot-stopping, not particularly authoritative, dire kicking, I'm not sure if a seasons training here or another loan spell would help him improve more in that respect.

We never really replaced Given, so another 30k on GK should be reasonable (Considering Routledge is on 20k). Especially as it'd mean that Krul and Forster would both be able to get playing time. I'm still optimistic towards getting Europe next season with a little luck, if that's the case I think we would need 2 competent keepers, you only need to look at Arsenal to see why.

Sure, thats true but again I would feel better if we strengthened other areas than GK where we have Harper who's playing well and two young goalkeepers who have shown they are capable of competing at this level. Getting Ochoa means we'd have to sell Krul or Forster or both as that be showing an intent of having another first goalkeeper for many years to come since he's young.

I'd rather spend 30k on Larsson than Ochoa tbh. But I see where you're coming from.