Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest Roger Kint

heard we have had a 12m bid ACCEPTED for lorient striker gameiro.

Did you hear it in Sundays papers?

I dunno if I'm keen to use so much money on one players. We've failed miserably on our big transfers earlier, and if Gameiro doesn't deliver, we've probably used half of Carroll's money (including salary) on one player. But if he on the other hand bags 20 goals a season, 12 mill is peanuts..

I dunno if I'm keen to use so much money on one players. We've failed miserably on our big transfers earlier, and if Gameiro doesn't deliver, we've probably used half of Carroll's money (including salary) on one player. But if he on the other hand bags 20 goals a season, 12 mill is peanuts..

I'd rather buy a good quality striker for 12 million than 4 strikers for 3 mio each.

Guest Brazilianbob

Gameiro and Gervinho would look good on the team sheet in my book.  Both available for around £22m in total.  If Jose goes to Inter for £12m we can play Ferguson at left back, or maybe bring in Van Aanholt from Chelsea.  Either way we will still have a healthy bank balance to spend on a winger and or a creative midfield player.

I'd rather buy a good quality striker for 12 million than 4 strikers for 3 mio each.

Of course, but the price we paid for HBA and Tiote shows that there need not to be a connection between price and quality. The fact that he does well in France, doesn't mean that he will do well in PL.

£12 million's not really an insane amount any more though, I would up for taking a chance if he's athletic, quick and sharp. We sadly lack that up front.

I've already pointed out that £12 isn't a lot of money IF he delivers. But it's a lot of money if he flops  :pow:

Of course, but the price we paid for HBA and Tiote shows that there need not to be a connection between price and quality. The fact that he does well in France, doesn't mean that he will do well in PL.

£12 million's not really an insane amount any more though, I would up for taking a chance if he's athletic, quick and sharp. We sadly lack that up front.

I've already pointed out that £12 isn't a lot of money IF he delivers. But it's a lot of money if he flops  :pow:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRW3ylSBJnacZ1MaMv847iVdX4nBrC1Vi78At7oPLHtSLpjWhyTQ

:lol:

Lee Chung-Yong has dropped out of favor for Bolton since Sturridge came in and Elmander moved to the right.

Come on, let's do this :nile:

Agree. Yong was excellent previous season. His crossers are sublime. Find it strange that Bolton choose to play with a player that has not signed a new contract instead of a hot prospect.

I think LCY is spending time on the bench recently because he's spent nigh on the last 2 years playing solidly for club and country, they're giving him a bit of a break.

I stand corrected!

Frédéric Piquionne? If WHU get relegated.

Too old

Yeah. I discovered that after searching for his stats on Google. Too bad he's that old. Looks decent for WH (seen him quite a few matches now).