Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Is there a list of players who's contracts end in the Summer?

That's the sort of player Newcastle seem to like to go for where possible. I don't have a problem with that approach to expanding the squad. Saves money for a striker. Sebastian Larsson and Johan Elmander are two in the Premiership for a start. We are rumoured to be after Sylvain Marveaux: - http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,74444.0.html

There must be a lot of others worth a look.

Kevin Doyle and Matt Jarvis from Wolves if/when they go down. Both would add a lot to our squad if not our starting eleven and would be relatively cheap. Doyle is excellent at playing the lone striker role which would seem to suit us as we could have Nolan, Ireland and Ben Arfa to play the supporting striker role. Jarvis has had a cracking couple of years, can beat a man on the inside and outside, has a decent amount of pace and trickery and isn't a bad crosser of the ball. Also chips in with the odd goal.

Don't think either would be chased by top four clubs as they are not really big name signings but definetly think they are more than good enough for the premier league and would like to think they would jump at the chance of joining us.

Chung yong lee from Bolton also seems like he would be a player worth going after from what people are saying although I must confess I haven't seen him play live too many times.

Is there a list of players who's contracts end in the Summer?

That's the sort of player Newcastle seem to like to go for where possible. I don't have a problem with that approach to expanding the squad. Saves money for a striker. Sebastian Larsson and Johan Elmander are two in the Premiership for a start. We are rumoured to be after Sylvain Marveaux: - http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,74444.0.html

There must be a lot of others worth a look like.

Would be a good idea to pad out the squad.

Ship Loven and Shola or Best and get in Elmamder = Slight drop in wages and money in from transfer fees (not much but a bit).

Sell Raylor and Routledge bring in Larsson = Similar wages but again a bit of extra money to play with.

Sign Mavreaux for the left wing on a free.

Ben Arfa, Elmander, Shola/Best and a bring in a real quality forward. Send Ranger out to get some much needed experience. I know people would rather get rid of Shola and Best but I don't think we are in a position to keep 4 quality strikers happy. I would opt for Best given his age, his wages (he must be on a fair bit less than Shola surely) and Shola is a crock.

Midfield options:

Mavreaux  Nolan      Tiote    Barton

Jonas        Gosling  Guthrie  Larsson

Looks pretty good to me, if we could sign a quality back up to Tiote then shift Guthrie then we would really be in business.

This is all fantasy land mind :lol:

Chelsea, Everton, Newcastle, Milan, Leverkusen, Caen, Lille and Nice had scouts at the Rennes-PSG match last night.

L'equipe? That's quite a shortlist of clubs for Marveaux to choose from...

Maybe Hatem can have a word. :coolsmiley:

The two teams were...(no Marveaux)

1.  N.Douchez  9

29.  R.Danzé  (c.)  7

13.  S.Souprayen  4

15.  J.Kana-Biyik  5

26.  K.Théophile-Catherine  7

7.  J.Leroy  4

18.  F.Lemoine (62e) 

17.  Y.Mvila  6

12.  R.Boukari  5

20.  Y.Brahimi  8

32.  A.Camara (72e) 

6.  A.Tettey  6

21.  V.Montaño  5

J.Verhoek (87e) 

30.  A.Edel  4

22.  S.Armand  7

5.  S.Tiéné  4

26.  C.Jallet  5

2.  Ceara (85e) 

3.  M.Sakho  5

19.  Nenê  5

7.  L.Giuly  5

21.  J.Maurice (79e) 

4.  C.Makelele  (c.)  3

11.  M.Erding (67e) 

20.  C.Chantôme  6

12.  M.Bodmer  7

9.  G.Hoarau  5

Chelsea, Everton, Newcastle, Milan, Leverkusen, Caen, Lille and Nice had scouts at the Rennes-PSG match last night.

Mavreaux wasn't even in the squad so it wasn't for him then. Interesting.

http://www.lfp.fr/ligue1/feuille_match/53837

Hmm..you should know by now how big of a shambles our club can be.  We don't plan or anything like that you know?  We probably wen on the off-chance he'd play.  :lol:

Guest bmoregeordie

i like doyle enough. he was great in reading's first season back up a few years back. and i'd be fine with him. but i don't think he's an EPL starter. doesn't have the pace or the quality from distance in my book.