Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Say we have £20-ish million. I'd go for the following (with random valuations made in my head):

Pablo Piatti - £5m

Lacina Traore - £5m

Connor Wickham - £7m

Jose Angel - £3m

Per Ciljan Skjelbred - £1m

Smith, Campbell, Raylor, Best and McLoven would ideally go away.

Almería paid €10m for Piatti, so unlikely to go for less than that. Might change if they get relegated.

Notice my "random valuations made in my head" bit. :razz:

Just wanted to add some factual information :p

Money to burn, bitches.

:lol:

The owner is a compulsive gambler.  It will be spent on 3 hands of Texas hold 'em and a trio of Eastern European hookers for Ashley, Llambas and 'Pards. 

We will sign Robbie Earnshaw in late August on loan, after we fail to meet Nottingham Forest's valuation for a transfer.

Skjelbred's out of contract this year, mind. Will be moving on, be it here or elsewhere.

Also, I didn't know that. :blush:

Rosenborg are pushing for him to sign an extension but he's very reluctant as he wants to get the chance to play in a bigger league and feels a longer contract would make it unlikely to happen as the club would go "he's got so-so many years left on his contract, cough up the dosh." during negotiations and so on. At least that's what our media is telling us. :lol: Been a hot topic over here with Brann cockblocking Huseklepp from going to Celtic after having a mutual agreement with him that they'd let him go to a bigger league if a club came in with a reasonable offer when he signed an extension.

Rosenborg don't have a budget to bump his wage either, he's the second best paid player in the Norwegian league with about £500k a year. I've no doubt he's a goner in the summer.

A mean striker that will score some goalz - Falcao, he even has Carroll's locks. But he's not just some twat from Gateshead.

Some decent playmaker to boss alongside Tioté - Banega, Lad's fucking bonkers, we've already got some Argies, get him in. Failing that since he's pretty unrealistic, somebody cheaper. But similar style!

A back up left back - Any young lads in this country who can compete with José? Somebody cheap and young anyway.

A winger - Barnetta,Just a name from a hat since we were linked with him. I do like him though, 1 year left to run on his deal at this point so should be cheap.

Another striker - Connor Wickham maybe. One for the future.

Another midfielder - Get rid of some of our shitty CMs, bring in some better squad player. I like David Vaughan of Blackpool, their fans reckon he's better than Adam. He's out of contract so free.

Some legitimate competion for Simpson - Nee idea

Get all that for aboot £40 million, flog some of the shite and we're flying.

/lol

Meh, everyone's a cynic.

What happened to that Daniel Guiza that topped the la liga scoring records with Mallorca? He still any good?

I'm actually an optimist, I've just heard us linked with Skjelbred so many times it's getting hilarious.

Hence why I've always maintained we should go in for him :lol:

If it helps, I'll utter the immortal phrase... He's fucking class on Football Manager :lol:

Meh, everyone's a cynic.

What happened to that Daniel Guiza that topped the la liga scoring records with Mallorca? He still any good?

I'm actually an optimist, I've just heard us linked with Skjelbred so many times it's getting hilarious.

Hence why I've always maintained we should go in for him :lol:

If it helps, I'll utter the immortal phrase... He's fucking class on Football Manager :lol:

He ain't bad in real life either, man. Desperately needs to step up to a bigger league now though or he'll be the next Roar Strand.

Think it's time to make a cheeky bid for Arriaga 2 and Barriaga.

Dare not dream of Pisotsa.

:lol:  This will be a 400+ page thread debating the value of Latin American names from Football Manager, ending on August 31 in bitter disappointment.

:lol: No doubt about it.

Cuauhtémoc Blanco?

Just moved to a Mexican team, I think. Genuinely would feel as if we could stay up if we brought the old man in.

:lol: He's still fucking playing? Christ.

:lol: Blanco is great, man. He would score. I know it.

Guest Heneage

I remember a Mexican friend of mine from College showing me a video of Blanco on Youtube, he seemed totally batshit in the Mexican league especially with the 'pissing dog' celebration.

If I was in charge I'd probably go with something like: (Which is why it's probably good I'm not in charge. :lol:)

Krul/Forster

Santon (loan)/Simpson      Sakho/Willo        Colo/Taylor        Enrique/Angel

Ben Arfa/Barton   Piatti/Nolan      Tiote/Skjelbred Dempsey/Jonas

Traore/Wickham    Altidore (loan)/Ameobi (like he's ever leaving)