Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Bare in mind Ashleys policy of not paying monster salaries and the fact that we wont be in any european competitions.

It will be hard for us to attract top players. And if we manage to get one - Spending 10 mil plus on a player sort of indicates they are worth a top salary that we won't match. Pardew will be in for a hell of a haggle even if he has 50 million in his hands.

The solution should be to do some excellent scouting in lesser known leagues and try to combine bargains with a few young top signings.

Guest palnese

We should buy talent and a good striker who's not playing in the Premiership. I'd like someone like Gameiro and then Wickham, Chamberlain type of signings. Don't think the latter would want to come though.

They're all too expensive. I doubt Ashley will pay more than 5-6m for a player, and certainly not for a kid.

We should buy talent and a good striker who's not playing in the Premiership. I'd like someone like Gameiro and then Wickham, Chamberlain type of signings. Don't think the latter would want to come though.

They're all too expensive. I doubt Ashley will pay more than 5-6m for a player, and certainly not for a kid.

Colo was 10m.

We won't buy anybody.

You heard it here first.

Ashley style! Yay!

However, we will sell Krul, Enrique, Gosling, Ben Arfa, and possibly even Nolan, Barton and Ranger. Going all local-youth recruitment now!

Is Wickham actually as good as the hype suggests? His record suggests he hasn't found his scoring touch yet, if we're going to give a talented young striker time to find his feet in the premiership i would start with Ranger, rather than spending £10m or whatever it may be on Wickham.

Is Wickham actually as good as the hype suggests? His record suggests he hasn't found his scoring touch yet, if we're going to give a talented young striker time to find his feet in the premiership i would start with Ranger, rather than spending £10m or whatever it may be on Wickham.

Impressed me against us on the last day of the season. Still pretty raw and he's been having a difficult 2nd season, fell out with Keano and has been shunted around the pitch IIRC.

probably in the not realistic category but i would love Ben Arfa to persuade his mate Karim Benzema that NUFC is the place for him.  Them two linking up the way they did for Lyon would be awesome!!

no idea how much he'd cost but Madrid are bound to spend big on strikers again and have a history of selliing cheaply. 

OK, spent an hour thinking (WARNING: this may be a little bit sad of me!):

RB: onuoha, santon

CB: m jorgensen, subotic, douglas (twente)

LB: masilela

WINGER:barnetta, piatti, jarvis, legear, gervinho, shaqiri

CM: defour, kranjcar, ilicic, miguel

FOR: traore, wickham, gameiro, el hamdaoui, falcao, oscar cardozo

YOUTH: jennings, henriksen

FREEBIES: skjelbred, larsson, vaughan, elmander, trochowski (as a minimum can provide great backup)

can also maybe get a loan or two (sunderland style) whilst only selling smith, routledge, xisco and campbell.

We won't buy anybody.

You heard it here first.

Ashley style! Yay!

However, we will sell Krul, Enrique, Gosling, Ben Arfa, and possibly even Nolan, Barton and Ranger. Going all local-youth recruitment now!

Yeah...no....

I can't help but imagine Pards sitting at home, coming across this thread and not having heard of any of the names mentioned :lol:

Google: "Your search for 'Lacina Traore wife' found no results. Did you mean RICKY LAMBERT wife?"

AP: "Ah, she'll do"

But Llambias insisted: "[Owner] Mike Ashley has only ever put money into this football club. He has never taken a single penny out.

"And he won't take a single penny of this £35m either - all the money will go to the club and we are already working on identifying transfer targets for the summer."

Already identifying transfer targets for the Summer. Must be in for some excellent signings in the Summer then, we have 4-5 months and £35 million.

Plenty to look forward to then.

:frantic:

We shall see...

Guest palnese

Colo was 10m.

A long time ago that. Things have changed.

We will never be a force to reckon with as long as Ashley is the owner, he will be happy with us going to matches as long as we will be sniffing around a 7-10th place.

What's wrong with 7-10th? I'd be over the moon by that.

Guest Brazilianbob

Conor Whickam

Jordan Henderson

Chamberlain

Don't really rate Henderson that highly but it would royally p*ss off the mackems! :-)

We're better off looking at emerging talents in Europe as Liverpool have done with Suarez, obviously being realistic as to who we can attract. Forget about English strikers, we just sold the best one available to us.

Young strikers scoring well in leagues such as France, Holland, Germany, we should be keeping an eye on. We should have the kind of money to prise these players away without giving massive fees to other Premier League clubs.

If we do go for any England-based players I'd like to see us put a tempting offer in for Adam Johnson. He's just not getting many games at Man City and if they sign someone in the summer we may be able to move in. They would rather sell to us than a title rival. I know he is on the fringes of their team and still young, but they're active every summer in the market so anything is possible. They are greedy for world class players and he just may become surplus.