Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

what about honda from cska? plays in the russian league so the prem would be a huge step up. but dont know what his wages would be. would be a great signing though

Honda is f***ing class. Ecstatic if we sign him. Vicious on free kicks and corners and have the eye for a killer pass too. But I figure he's already earning good wages in CSKA. No chance in hell that we're able to sign him.

Honda is the most overrated player ever.

B is for biased.

Or is it bitter?

what about honda from cska? plays in the russian league so the prem would be a huge step up. but dont know what his wages would be. would be a great signing though

Honda is f***ing class. Ecstatic if we sign him. Vicious on free kicks and corners and have the eye for a killer pass too. But I figure he's already earning good wages in CSKA. No chance in hell that we're able to sign him.

B is for biased.

Or is it bitter?

:lol:

No, he is fucking class.

Guest magpie99

Those on here who think we will spend in excess of 15 million on Honda need a reality check. We are more likely to buy the cheaper italian version, Mazzarati.

I would say the first signiongs we should make are tying down Baron and Enrique to new long term contracts, 3 and 5 years respectively.

If we cannot do that, sell Jose for 10 million. If Liverpool really want him for 6 mill, ask for 15 and accept 10 million. With this money, buy either Van Aanholt from Chelsea or Isaguirre from Celtic for around 5 million. 

Offer Chelsea 10 million for Sturridge and if Ireland inpresses, sell Barton to Villa as part of the deal for him.

I watched Swansea v Leeds last night with paerticular attention to Gradel. However, the players who caught my eye were Sinclair and Williams from Swansea. Sinclair, a goalscoring, quick, tricky young winger and Williams as solid as a rock at the back, both would be excellent additions to the squad. I would imagine both could be got relatively cheaply, especially if we offered, say, Routledge as part of the deal.

Next would be a very good CF and I wouldnt mind having another look at that dutch bloke we were after last year, Van Wolfswinkel. Young, quick and can score goals and already a durch international. Promote a couple of the kidsintothe  squad and hey presto, a decent squad of good young players.

So, as a recap, if we lose Barton and Enrique, replace them with Van aanholt or Isaguirre and Ireland. If not, just sign up Ireland assuming he impresses.

Grab Sinclair and Williams from Swansea, Van Wolfswinkel from Holland and Sturridge from Chelsea and promote the likes of Tavernier and Fergusion as back upplayers to the squad.

Get rid of Routledge and Smith and offer Big Sol a job as a defensive coach.

What is Honda actually supposed to be good at? He has an average passing range, no engine, no defensive qualities to speak of, rarely scores from open play.

Takes great set pieces but that only gets you so far.

Poor (Asian) man's Joey Barton.

Those on here who think we will spend in excess of 15 million on Honda need a reality check. We are more likely to buy the cheaper italian version, Mazzarati.

I would say the first signiongs we should make are tying down Baron and Enrique to new long term contracts, 3 and 5 years respectively.

If we cannot do that, sell Jose for 10 million. If Liverpool really want him for 6 mill, ask for 15 and accept 10 million. With this money, buy either Van Aanholt from Chelsea or Isaguirre from Celtic for around 5 million. 

Offer Chelsea 10 million for Sturridge and if Ireland inpresses, sell Barton to Villa as part of the deal for him.

I watched Swansea v Leeds last night with paerticular attention to Gradel. However, the players who caught my eye were Sinclair and Williams from Swansea. Sinclair, a goalscoring, quick, tricky young winger and Williams as solid as a rock at the back, both would be excellent additions to the squad. I would imagine both could be got relatively cheaply, especially if we offered, say, Routledge as part of the deal.

Next would be a very good CF and I wouldnt mind having another look at that dutch bloke we were after last year, Van Wolfswinkel. Young, quick and can score goals and already a durch international. Promote a couple of the kidsintothe  squad and hey presto, a decent squad of good young players.

So, as a recap, if we lose Barton and Enrique, replace them with Van aanholt or Isaguirre and Ireland. If not, just sign up Ireland assuming he impresses.

Grab Sinclair and Williams from Swansea, Van Wolfswinkel from Holland and Sturridge from Chelsea and promote the likes of Tavernier and Fergusion as back upplayers to the squad.

Get rid of Routledge and Smith and offer Big Sol a job as a defensive coach.

And you sir, are just so completely wrong.

The very existence of this post is an affront to humanity.

Magipie99 has some valid point. I see Van Aanholt as an ideal replacement for Enrique. From what I've seen from him, he's now already more poisonous in attack than Enrique. He will not be expensive either, since Chelsea got Cole. And we may be able to unsettle  him due to his history with us. He probably settles for half of Enrique's pay too.

No chance in hell that Chelsea now will sell Sturridge. Their own attack is not good enough, and they really need the mobility that Sturridge represents. And I absolutely agree about Sinclar at Swansea. He will not be expensive, and is a low risk investment. But if he succeeds, the payoff will be enormous.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Replacing players like Nolan and/or Barton won't help even if the replacements would be slightly better quality.

The character of those two (amonng others) is what makes us so strong this season.

Exactly

Thought Elmander was canny **** today like.  Dunno if I'd want him next season.

Aye. Lot of fart but not much s***.

I thought Bolton's best player today, aside from Sturridge, was the blonde chap in the centre. Holden is it? Looks a decent player - their Tiote, if you like.

Gotta disagree with you. Elmander was Bolton's best player imo.

Thought Elmander was canny **** today like.  Dunno if I'd want him next season.

Aye. Lot of fart but not much s***.

I thought Bolton's best player today, aside from Sturridge, was the blonde chap in the centre. Holden is it? Looks a decent player - their Tiote, if you like.

Gotta disagree with you. Elmander was Bolton's best player imo.

nah sturridge but elmander gave enrique a hard time.

What is Honda actually supposed to be good at? He has an average passing range, no engine, no defensive qualities to speak of, rarely scores from open play.

Takes great set pieces but that only gets you so far.

Poor (Asian) man's Joey Barton.

Bollocks.

I think Chelsea selling us there young players very cheaply is something Pardew really needs to look into.

Agreed, Van Aanholt and Sturridge would have made my day.

Why stop there bud lets get: Matic, Mancienne, Kakuta, Rajkovic, Kalas & of course gateshead lad Carl Magnay in on top of VA & Sturridge.  I reckon a bulk buy of around £25 million to £30 million should get us the lot.