Out of contract players?

LooneyToonArmy

The fact this thread even exists is a fucking joke tbh. Don't think I'll calm down about the lack of a striker coming in until we we're mathematically safe. Absolute fucking lunacy, a striker to partner AC9 should have been top priority anyway nevermind losing AC9. Surely the club aren't in such dire straights financially so like many have said we couldn't have gotten Sturridge or someone on loan.

The absolute MUST for the transfer window was to get a striker. Not only did we not get that, we lost C*****l and Xisco.....effectively making us three strikers worse off. Incredible.

Guest Thump 1892

www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list

These E-Mails actually go to someone connected to the player? Just asked Aliadiere if he fancys a game of 5-a-side next week...:lol:

Wonder if we can get him in for NOFC...

Guest Thump 1892

The fact this thread even exists is a f***ing joke tbh. Don't think I'll calm down about the lack of a striker coming in until we we're mathematically safe. Absolute f***ing lunacy, a striker to partner AC9 should have been top priority anyway nevermind losing AC9. Surely the club aren't in such dire straights financially so like many have said we couldn't have gotten Sturridge or someone on loan.

The absolute MUST for the transfer window was to get a striker. Not only did we not get that, we lost C*****l and Xisco.....effectively making us three strikers worse off. Incredible.

You forgot about a winger.  We need somebody decent on wide right and seeing as Joey is quite happy there, all we have is Guthrie if JB gets banned/injured (god forbid) and yet we loan out Routledge?  Sure he hasn't set the league alight -- barely made a spark, if I'm honest -- but he was somebody who could do a job.

Sigh.

Why should we be allowed to take on loan players at this stage simply because we're badly managed? We just got £35million and we didn't have the presence of forethought to secure at least loan deal replacements for the players who departed. We had all month to shock-proof/enhance the depth of the squad, but we sat on our hands and failed to act when we had the chance.

:dontknow:

I want an answer. I don't even care if it's from a proper person.

Guest Thump 1892

Why should we be allowed to take on loan players at this stage simply because we're badly managed? We just got £35million and we didn't have the presence of forethought to secure at least loan deal replacements for the players who departed. We had all month to shock-proof/enhance the depth of the squad, but we sat on our hands and failed to act when we had the chance.

There isn't an answer mate.  If we ask for an emergency loan the FA would laugh in our faces and truth be told, I don't think I could blame them.

There isn't an answer mate.  If we ask for an emergency loan the FA would laugh in our faces and truth be told, I don't think I could blame them.

Me neither. So if we wouldn't be allowed to recruit an emergency loan, we're pretty much restricted to out of contract players...who are (let's be honest) out of contract for a reason.

did anyone say we should try to get loan players outside the window ?

No. they didn't. I've just been a total fuckwit and in my tiredness, totally misunderstood

Guest Thump 1892

Nah but the idea was bandied about for a bit by blogs and forums and whatnot.

Nah but the idea was bandied about for a bit by blogs and forums and whatnot.

Nah that's when you have a real emergency like losing all your goalkeepers save for an 18 year old kid, not when the owner + manager combine together (in whichever portion you like) to act stupidly (before anyone ask not referring to the sale of Carroll but the fact that we did not replace him even with a fucking loan!)

We can criticize MA for not getting a winger and an attacker. However, the fact that they did not sign one, does not mean that they didn't try. But unlike before, they were not prepared to pay more than what the player is worth. The price of Carroll proves how ridiculous the January-prices are. Within a month we will have a shitload of players returning: Ben Arfa, Gosling and Ireland. And to be fair, the injury to Sholadinhio was a freak accident that came at an awkward time. I pretty sure that we will stay up. And the fact that we're frugal now, indicates that we're able to spend some cash in the summer, when the market has cooled down. We're actually one of the few mid tables club that has not splashed the cash and have some money to use. Consequently we can be in a very good position before the next season.

We can criticize MA for not getting a winger and an attacker. However, the fact that they did not sign one, does not mean that they didn't try. But unlike before, they were not prepared to pay more than what the player is worth. The price of Carroll proves how ridiculous the January-prices are. Within a month we will have a shitload of players returning: Ben Arfa, Gosling and Ireland. And to be fair, the injury to Sholadinhio was a freak accident that came at an awkward time. I pretty sure that we will stay up. And the fact that we're frugal now, indicates that we're able to spend some cash in the summer, when the market has cooled down. We're actually one of the few mid tables club that has not splashed the cash and have some money to use. Consequently we can be in a very good position before the next season.

good post.  :clap:

Guest TrueToon

good post.  :clap:

Looks like we are already looking for a cheap summer:

Larsson, Marveaux, Elmander and Pratley.

Most are way out of our league but there are some decent players likely to be on the move for nowt this summer.

Miroslav Klose

Hamit Altintop

Taye Taiwo

Philippe Mexès

Abdallah Al Saied

Florin Costea

Alessandro Matri - Juve have first option.

Marco Donadel

Reto Ziegler

To be fair to Elmander he is an upgrade on what we have. If we bring in in a few freebies we can invest the Carroll money on two or three major signings and wages.

Most are way out of our league but there are some decent players likely to be on the move for nowt this summer.

Miroslav Klose

Hamit Altintop

Taye Taiwo

Philippe Mexès

Abdallah Al Saied

Florin Costea

Marco Donadel

Reto Ziegler

To be fair to Elmander he is an upgrade on what we have. If we bring in in a few freebies we can invest the Carroll money on two or three major signings and wages.

Defo yes on the first four please... doubt we even get one of them to be honest! Klose whilst old, is still an excellent finisher - could definitely do a job next season. Happy to pad out the squad with freebies - football manager stylee. For some reason I honestly think this will be quite a busy summer - probably 6-8 new faces... (we can live in hope!) - how inspiring the names are is debatable however...

I wonder if we'll ever go back to the Modric typeor even Aimar type bids of Mike Ashley's reign...

Guest Heneage

Which striker would you have gone for?

Miroslav Klose

Hamit Altintop

Taye Taiwo

Philippe Mexès

Abdallah Al Saied

Florin Costea

Marco Donadel

Reto Ziegler

Who's Abdallah Al Saied?

Altintop is class, but he's too old, and he's used to play in CL for Bayern. It's risky business to buy players who see their new club as a step DOWN in their career.  If Altintop signs for us, it's only for the money, and we've seen what good that has done to us before.  For those reasons, I predicted that Cole would be a flop in Pool, and I was spot on.  We got to buy players that have a hungry mentality. Players who view castle as a steppingstone (HBA maybe..) or as a upgrade from their previous club. They know castle will be their chance to make it the big league, and as a result they will put in some effort.