Out of contract players?

LooneyToonArmy

Is there any ruling that would stop a player buying out his contract and joining another team.  For example if we were to give Elmander £1m to pay off his contract could he then sign for us as he would be a free agent.

Almost definitely not. It'd be tapping up for a start

I'd rather play Ranger if i was you, Aliadiere looked class when he first came to Arsenal and he honestly looked like he was going to be able step up into Henry's boots but the injury he got really messed him up and he never looked the same since, i wouldn't touch him for any Premiership team. Shame really.

Guest MrSundlofer

"There's one or two players we are looking at. I don't think we are going to get anybody who can impact on the first team."

"There's one or two players we are looking at. I don't think we are going to get anybody who can impact on the first team."

Then whats the point?

What the hell happened to Layrea Kingston. He looked decent a few years back. Injuries must have taken a toll.

nufcfans NUFCfans

Just got a text from a very good friend, working as a journo in the NE: "Club talking to Aliadiere. Should be done very soon." #NUFC

Oh christ.. His goal scoring statistics is gruesome. If I remember correctly he got good work ethic and decent technique. But so few goals point towards one thing: He's not football intelligent enough, and as a consequence he's not able to position himself in good scoring positions.  But nothing would have been better than he proving us wrong..

Mackem said to me today that it would be typical that we get him an he turns into a goal scoring machine so i'm going to think positively about this transfer haha.

Would have been hilarious.

We got nothing to lose signing him though. He's still fairly young. He will probably be satisfied with a pay as you play contract and no sign on fee. His work ethic suggest that he should fit nicely with Loven..

Ok he's not the greatest striker but if he still can make the runs he used to he can open space for others.

A very important factor indeed. When Ireland and Ben Arfa is back we can switch into a 4-5-1 formation. Ireland, Nolan, Barton and Ben Arfa are all able to score goals. All they need is an industrial attacker that runs like and idiot opening up rooms for them. Barton has a hell of a right foot, so we need to create space around the opponent's box. That we have not managed to well.

Nile can do exactly the same though and surely you would rather see him on the pitch?

Sorry, but a 4-5-1 formation requires much from an attacker. First, the holding play has not been that great from Ranger's side. Second, and he needs to move more without getting the ball. Third, he must constantly be focused. Ranger possesses none of these abilities, yet. Ranger needs to be loaned out for one whole season in a league that doesn't have the same tempo..