NUFC fan said it all last night in sky interview

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

When asked what he thought of Carroll being sold to Liverpool he expressed his disappointment and then said something along the lines of "I am starting to question why I support this club".  Says it all really!

Saw the guy over and over yesterday... The way he said it did ring true. Obviously little intent on actually giving up but it does make you wonder what the point is.

With the club where it has been the last few years we have to rely on little victories to get pleasure from it. When even those are being soured or taken away from us it's quite sad.

When asked what he thought of Carroll being sold to Liverpool he expressed his disappointment and then said something along the lines of "I am starting to question why I support this club".  Says it all really!

People have been doing the same thing for years and some of them - quite a few thousand in fact - have decided it's not worth it....take a look at the non-existent waiting list for STs...there were 20,000 on it when KK resigned.

When you get married, you promise to love your wife till death do you part.

But when she becomes a lying cheating whore, you leave her.

You also leave when she plays fast and loose with your money and pretends it went on a good cause...HER !

When you get married, you promise to love your wife till death do you part.

But when she becomes a lying cheating whore, you leave her.

You also leave when she plays fast and loose with your money and pretends it went on a good cause...HER !

what if she's been the one paying for everything and you just want to piss it up the wall on a new entertainament system.

People like him  need to do one. This life we have with this club was never meant be easy, yes we never thought it would never be this hard but give me the drama of SJP/NUFC than daily workings from Riverside/Boor or Craven Cottage/Fulham.

Guest Micktoon

I can kind of see where the lad is coming from. As for me, it's not my passion for Newcastle I'm losing, it's my passion for the game.

As SBR so beautifully put it:

" What is a club anyway? It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city."

The club and the badge are bigger than Ashley, bigger than Carroll. We've been through hell and back relatively speaking since SBR's departure. But I won't ever stop supporting NUFC. My love for the club will always be there. And honestly, not even Ashley can do anything about that.

I can kind of see where the lad is coming from. As for me, it's not my passion for Newcastle I'm losing, it's my passion for the game.

I'm with you on this, even as a Spurs fan. You know that you're never going to leave your club whatever happens, but I despair of the game sometimes and this is one of those times. A club that has an operating profit of minus 70M pounds (which is still its best performance for years) just spent more than that amount on two players, allowing another club to spend far far more than we've ever spent on two other players. Both are clubs we're supposedly in competition with, but what kind of competition is that? Yet you still get dickwads like Vincent Kompany trying to tell me that it's good for English football, that "You want to have a competitive league and big spending attracts the top players." FUCK OFF.

" What is a club anyway? It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city."

The club and the badge are bigger than Ashley, bigger than Carroll. We've been through hell and back relatively speaking since SBR's departure. But I won't ever stop supporting NUFC. My love for the club will always be there. And honestly, not even Ashley can do anything about that.

O0

Given the ridiculously good luck we've had despite a couple of years of Mike Ashley doing everything humanly possible to fuck up this club, I half expect us to make 35m worth of brilliant signings in the summer and come out of this smelling like roses.

:lol:

Given the ridiculously good luck we've had despite a couple of years of Mike Ashley doing everything humanly possible to f*** up this club, I half expect us to make 35m worth of brilliant signings in the summer and come out of this smelling like roses.

:lol:

35mil worth  :undecided:

As far as the OP goes, I'll always support Newcastle, regardless of what happens. I can see more where Mick is coming from, it's not really possible to compete at the top level with the amount of money that's being thrown around by some clubs. It's just going to end up with the richest teams being the top teams and the poorer scrapping it out at the bottom.

I have a passion for tall leggy blondes.  But if they don a strap on and start anally raping me I'm sensible enough to recognise that its an abusive relationship and hobble away.  Yes I love the club, but there comes a point where you walk away and say, this is not good for me', or as Oprah once put it 'love ain't meant to feel bad'. And supporting this club makes me feel bad more often it should.

It is difficult to salvage any form of hope when atleast one third of the club, be it the players/managers/board isn't capable of keeping their word. I've got faith in the majority of the players and i just about have a bit of faith in Pardew, but i'm fucking exhausted with Ashley and Co. I dream of a day this sorry state of affairs is over and they're clean of our club

To the people who have said they find it difficult to support the club, or are considering not following them anymore; What would you do instead? Not follow football anymore? Follow football but not support anyone? Support someone else?  ???

All big no no's to me.